all on event

Blackbird

I was in my porch area when I had an all on event. I've seen others talk of this and I'm not sure if they mean everything turns on or just a scene that has all on all off. I'm my case it turned on a scene that had about 6 lights come on. I do have a motion sensor in the porch that turn on the porch lights and the lights were on. I think it may also have been at the same time the deck lights turned on with a sunset program. I saw that my outside light was on and the 8 button keypad also showed it was on as well as the other lights. The outside light is

part of the all on scene. As soon as I pushed the button on the keypad to turn off the outside lights, all the lights went out.

Any ideas?

"ALL ON" refers to everything turning on not just one scene.  being that the scene seems to be tied to the motion sensor likely it was set off by that.  You can look in your logs to see the events, what triggered it and the time. 

Jon...

Best approach would be to read available info, understand the scenarios where others have seen this happen, and determine whether your particular setup could present / support these conditions.  No "fix" per se, but there are programming techniques to minimize / eliminate risk.  Keep in mind that many, if not most, have never seen one of these events.

Forum thread...

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/10516-random-all-on-event/page-1

Wiki info...

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=INSTEON_Random_All_On_Events 

bipto information is so very good.   Need to understand why I/O Linc Relay activated the garage door movement before thinking about a fix.  Many of these events have nothing to do with an All On, which you did not have.  An Event Trace at LEVEL 3 taken when door moves unexpectedly will offer good info as to why and how to fix/bypass.

I just got home to find the vast majority of my lights and and both garage doors open.  Very unsettling to say the least.  I have had many Insteon devices in use for years with other controllers and never had this problem.  Then I find this thread where Blackbird had a similar problem today.  Does the "All On" command also trigger I/O Link devices?

The ELK output will not respond to a random All-On event...

This...

I actually bought the Elk io expander so I can start replacing several iolincs for more critical control (I have a water shutoff valve, for instance).

Also, newer Insteon devices won't respond to the perceived reception of an 'All On' signal anymore, but that doesn't help those of us with extensive number of older devices.

If only Smarthome allowed reflashing firmware....

Archived