Do FilterLincs Die?

I just replaced my PLM, V1.B, which was 2+ yrs old.  It was giving me a lot of unintended responses.  The new PLM appeared to resolve my issues. 

Prior to replacing the PLM I ugraded to V4.3.26 firmware.

Tonight I now have some lights that do not operate properly on command (both on & off).  I have a FilterLinc that was placed on an aircleaner due to previously discovered noise issues.  Once I turn off the aircleaner all switches respond properly. 

Do FilterLincs die?  Mine is less than 12 mo old. 

They do have a fuse in them. Though if the fuse was blown. The aircleaner would not power up.

I don't remember seeing an FilterLinc failure messages. I guess if one of the tuning capacitors opened up. It maybe ineffective.

Overall the Filter Linc is a solid product from Smartlabs which has served thousands of people around the globe. I hope to see this product updated in the future to handle more common electrical needs.

The 5 / 10 amp rating really needs to be updated to support 15 amps.

Not sure why this isn't done from the get go but also have to throw Smartlabs under the bus for the whole 5 /10 amp option. The two items are identical besides the in line glass fuse inserted inside.

I replaced all of the 5 amp ones with the appropriate radial style fuse and thus have all 10 amp filter lincs in place. 

When the five amp FilterLincs where being sold. The ten amp ones where more costly. Though the total parts cost and labor must have been the same. As I doubt a ten amp fuse was any more than the five amp one.

Can you say higher profit on the tens amp one. :mrgreen:

Archived