Xathros

Hello UDI Staff-

I would like to request the addition of a few more substitution variables that could be used for formatting output in notifications and network resource posts.  What I have in mind is substitutions that take ISY variables as input and output formatted values instead:

${sys.FTIME.1.123}  where variable 1.123 has a value of 2386 (minutes) and the output would be: 39:46 (hrs:mins)

${sys.FDOW.1.2) where variable 2 has a value of 3 and the output would be Wednesday.  Input Range 0-6 = Sun-Sat.

${sys.FMONTH.1.9} where variable 1.9 has a range of 1-12 and output would be January - December.

I suspect others will have additional formats that would be nice to include in this list.

This is a low priority request but it would go a long way toward making nicer notifications.

Thanks you for all of your hard work and dedication and thank you for your consideration.

-Xathros

+1

I can't believe no one has ever thought about this idea? Then again isn't this something 5.XX is supposed to offer, no? Maybe I am thinking about being able to track calendar days perhaps?

I am so out of the loop for 5.XX its not even funny . . .

I really can't wait for 5.XX to become RC as I have lots of projects pending for that very day.

Archived