Java Problem?

joe002

Joe

CIrcling back to the beginning of the thread, the experiments for getting this to work have unfortunately failed, and possible a configuration file got corrupted in trying.  If clearing all three options of clearing the Java cache and reinstalling the app doesn't restore the original behavior, I would submit a ticket to UDI to get things back to the original state.

Paul

Michel,

Hi. Thanks for your response to my ticked via email and posting it here too. I'll put my feedback here so others can see it too.

First, sorry it took so long to respond. My family and I made a trip up to my other location that doesn't have Internet access or a computer right now, which is why I wanted to figure it out how to use the 2nd unit on this computer and how I would use it in the future even without Internet access.

A couple of comments:

I don't have a bookmark in my browser yet. I did want to set it up, but was waiting for the final solution, so I've just been typing in the address in the address bar.

Yeah, clearing the Java cache was a good idea - but back in Post #15 I gave it a shot but no luck.

Yeah, the links to universal-devices "always" work for me, but because of my (typical) lack of Internet connection I wanted to get the MyLocalIpAddress/admin method to work.

On the up side, you comment about having a browser bookmark did give me an idea. I hadn't tried to clear my browser temporary files, so I just gave it a shot, and that's the key! Somewhere in the browser temporary files the UUID/MAC address is remembered.

So to solve this problem, if you use MyLocalIpAddress/admin and you see the error dialog: "The provided UUID Does Not Match ISY's uuid..." then you need to exit the "broken" Admin Console, clear the temporary files from your browser (I'm using IE and have the following checked: Preserve Favorites website data, Delete Temporary Internet files and website files, Delete History), then restart with MyLocalIpAddress/admin and the currently connect ISY box will now be cached and the Admin Console will now work for that box. If you plug in a different ISY box you'll get the error dialog box again, so just clear the cache again and restart and you'll be good to go. :)

I really appreciate all of the help and comments I've received for this problem that I was having.

Archived