MobiLinc to ISY Portal Transition

DavidG

I have two separate ISYs in separate locations doing completely different things.  I like the portal but I also like the mobile UI of Mobilinc.  Portal users are supposed to be able to use mobilink, but in the event one has 2 ISYs in the portal, it seems mobilinc will always connect to only one and always the same one.  Maybe my work around is to have two portal accounts, but I am hoping there is another approach.  I had thought port forwarding would do it, but maybe that's not possible if using the portal.  I expect Michel will clarify these things when he gets a chance.

Until the portal gets straightened out for this you could use the portal for one and ddns on the other?

scratch that... I had thought you could set up profiles in mobilinc but apparently not.

Edit: apparently so :)

Jon...

Yes, you can have separate profiles . But in all cases my remote profile for Izzy 2 will not work because if it goes to the portal it will populate with Izzy 1 dats and I don't believe I can do the traditional port forward if that isy is a member portal

Sorry for the spelling of Izzy but that's what Siri does

I thought you could create separate profiles in mobilinc for this. At least in the Android version if you long press the "Selected Profile" you can add a new one. I need this too since I am getting my second ISY for our vacation home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shee... I was using the drop down menu :)

Jon...

Hi ccclapp,

The issue is that MobiLinc does not send the correct packet for subscriptions. That's why we had to use the Preferred ISY in the portal so that we would know which ISY.

Unfortunately, at the moment, you really cannot use MobiLinc with two ISYs on the same portal unless you create two accounts in the portal and have the preferred ISY for each. If you go this route, you will also need two usernames. Once you have done this (create an account under your main account), then the process is the same. Make sure you approve the new account in Admin Console | Configuration | Portal.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased the ISY Portal today, planning to move away from Mobilinc Connect (IOS) as I purchased an Echo today.  I configured it without an issue then went to the Mobilinc forum looking for help on configuring Mobilinc to work with the portal.  Instead I find an announcement that Mobilinc now works with Echo!  I cannot keep up!  Can I switch back to Mobilinc Connect portal.  Too bad I didn't know this before I burned $50 on a new portal....

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

You can definitely move back to MobiLinc Connect. All you have to do is to send a request to sales@universal-devices.com and request for a refund.

Please note that MobiLinc Connect might not be supporting the Connected Home API (i.e. Alexa turn on x) and instead you might have to say something like (Alexa tell mobilinc to do x). So, please do consult with them.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Tim,

You can definitely move back to MobiLinc Connect. All you have to do is to send a request to sales@universal-devices.com and request for a refund.

Please note that MobiLinc Connect might not be supporting the Connected Home API (i.e. Alexa turn on x) and instead you might have to say something like (Alexa tell mobilinc to do x). So, please do consult with them.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you Michel.

Hi Tim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

Sales very quickly removed the ISP Portal from my ISY.  I ran the manage modules and have rebooted the system a couple of times but Mobilinc Connect will not reconnect to ISY.  Is there something else I need to do to restore the Mobilinc portal?

Thanks,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Drexx3,

Please make sure the host type is ISY in MobiLinc configuration and that the https URL is my.isy.io. In short, it really shouldn't matter unless there's a bug somewhere.

With kind regards,

Michel

Reading this thread and the Wiki regarding GeoFencing there seems to be a some contradiction.  The Wiki says that GeoFencing on Mobilinc will not work with the ISY Portal.  But this thread suggests that maybe it should.  I have my Mobilinc direct connected to ISY and GeoFencing works correctly.  Does anyone know for sure?  I thinking of switching the ISY Portal, getting tired of asking Alexa to tell Mobilinc....  I don't use the Notifications but the GeoFencing is a great feature.

Thank you,

Tim

Thank you for the reply Michel,

Perhaps I didn't understand the context of your reply to Drexx3 that I quote.  His issue was geo-fencing worked with direct ISY connection but not with the ISY portal.  I'll use the wiki solution or just stay with a direct connection to keep geo-fencing.

Regards,

Tim

This was being discussed yesterday https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.universal-devices.com%2Findex.php?/topic/16389-Tasker--AutoVoice-Chaining-Voice-Commands-Project&do=findComment&comment=168379

We should probably start a new topic for everyones current experience. I gave up using Tasker geofence because it was not 100% reliable and creating a robust method that only notified on entry and exit was to time consuming for what I wanted, so I just use wifi connected state.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Does anyone who has used the IFTTT/Portal approach know how much battery drain the Tasker or Locative apps put on your device?

I've been using the Tasker Autolocation plugin with no noticeable battery hit on my Nexus 6P and also my old Nexus 5 before it. This is because Autolocation registers the geofence with the OS, and since 2013 or so Android has supported hardware assisted geofencing (which Autolocation ties into). When you cross a geofence boundary, the OS tells Autolocation which triggers a Tasker profile, and you take action on that. It's all very power efficient.

Full details on the Tasker Wiki page (though pardon the dust - I'm going thru it cleaning it up and adding screenshots)

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Tasker

Archived