Missing in Action

I have an Insteon dimmer switch, 2477D and a 8 button switch in the same outside light scene.  Recently, the scene will sporadically fail to turn on at night per my program.  The button (B) on the 8 button switch will illuminate as if the light has turned on. 

I have had the program operating for a number of years and don't see anything that may have changed with the program.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot to uncover why the lights do not always illuminate?

I have made no changes in the house regarding appliances, new electronics, etc.

My program attempts to turn on the scene rather than addressing the 2477D directly.  I was under the impression that it was a good practice to use scenes rather than the individual switches when possible. 

ISY 994i Pro

If you have more than one Insteon device controlling the same load, then you cannot use individual switches. Creating a scene with only one device wired to the load is the correct procedure. Post your program here: right click on the program name, select Copy to Clipboard, then paste the contents to the forum.

I would try factory resetting the switch, then restoring it by right clicking on it and picking restore device. I have a couple of switches that have needed this after very long spells of working properly.

Paul

Archived