Dimmer Switches 2477D That Are Linked-But I didn't link them

I have about 50 Insteon devices in my system, mostly dimmer switches, a couple keypads, garage door openers, etc.  

Today I added another couple switches and a fan controller in a bedroom.  

The fan controller is hardwired so it has power all the time.  Inside the door is a 2477 dimmer with no load.  I created a scene with both of these devices so when you activate the switch, the light on the fan responds.  I've done this exact thing with several other fans and have no problems.  This part on this one is working fine as well.  

The issue is that in the bathroom off this same bedroom, there is another 2477 controlling the bathroom lights, and when I use the fan-light switch, the bathroom lights come on too.  Similarly, the bathroom switch turns the light switch off as well.  They are behaving as though they are in the same scene or linked, but I have not done it.  

I have tried air gapping both switches, restoring them from the ISY (which does not think they are linked), manually unlinking them with the set buttons....

I don't know what to do next.  Ideas?

Sounds like they are device to device linked as shipped, which can happen for several reasons.

I would factory reset them to clear the links (which air-gapping won't do), then restore device. That should do it.

Paul

Please define how to factory reset them?  I thought pulling the set button out for 10 seconds and then holding in until it beeps was a factory reset.  I've done this a couple times, but they remember everything - each other and the one remembers the fan.  

thanks 

Ok. Air-gapping usually refers to the first part only, pulling the set button out for 10 seconds and then returning,.

You may not have held the set button in long enough. The directions are to keep the set button pressed until the beeping stops. After a few seconds the switch will double beep and then turn its load on.

Give that a try.

Paul

Archived