router doesn't see ISY99i

universe

I wish I knew more about networking. I just bought a new(used) ISY99i as a backup but my router doesn't see it. Is it possible the ISY is set up with a static IP that conflicts with another device. I did a reset with no improvement. This is an ISY99i/IR not a PRO model. Is it possible to do diagnostics with Port B? Is it worth buying a serial/usb adapter? I don't see any info about port B in the manual table of contents. Is the ISY likely fried? The LEDs light up and when I put in new SD card with 3.3.10 zip file it expanded the zip and created folders. But when I go to the expected IP it times out. Where is the ISY finder anyway? I forget. Thanks.

supplied link for isyfinder instructions has 63 replies... when I enter "finder" in search I get 0 hits.... when I put in "isyfinder" I get flood control... any easier way?

I re-did the reset according to instructions but router still doesn't see it... I assume DHCP is factory default so IP conflict not applicable anymore... I guess it's fried... it is partially functional... it did not come with an SD card so I emptied an SD card and put the 3.3.10 zip file on it and rebooted ISY... ISY unzipped the zip file creating folders... I checked this by putting SD in laptop... but no network function it seems

Is it possible to move IR sensor to ISY NBUD70 Rev. 1.4 from ISY NBUD100 Rev. 1.9?

It looks like I can just move IR unit over. Anybody know it is not compatible? Thanks

supplied link for isyfinder instructions has 63 replies... when I enter "finder" in search I get 0 hits.... when I put in "isyfinder" I get flood control... any easier way?

I re-did the reset according to instructions but router still doesn't see it... I assume DHCP is factory default so IP conflict not applicable anymore... I guess it's fried... it is partially functional... it did not come with an SD card so I emptied an SD card and put the 3.3.10 zip file on it and rebooted ISY... ISY unzipped the zip file creating folders... I checked this by putting SD in laptop... but no network function it seems

My other ISY does not have IR is it possible to move the IR from a plastic box ISY to a metal box version... I havent opened up the new one to see if the circuitry is separate and just has to be plugged in... but I don't want to fry the other box

The link provided was to the last firmware update for 99i.  If you read over the initiating post you'll see instructions and links to both the firmware and the UI.  Once you're able to access ISY you'll need to install and I recommend you reformat the SD card and not put anything on it but let ISY load the firmware.  The UI doesn't go on ISY but is used as a client to ISY.

As for troubleshooting, you should be able to tell something by the front panel led lights.  Are there any lit and what is the sequence you see when ISY boots?

Jon...

The only difference between the LED sequence from my good ISY and the bad one is that TX LED never lights up. Network is dead? When I switch boxes on network, the device ID ISY-HOME-AUTO goes from connected to not connected. When I switch back to other box it is fine. Originally I thought maybe ISY had static IP that conflicted but reset should have corrected that situation I imagine. The network port LED on the right does light up on both boxes.

BTW the first link on that firmware post seems a little off-topic. Leave it to UDI to get hacked? Maybe too busy to run link checks on forum.

Hi Brian... I didn't unzip it... the instructions are pretty clear saying don't unzip. the ISY unzipped it and created folders after booting... I also tried moving the working SD card from other ISY without success... but they are different models... old one is ISY99i PRO, the new one is ISY99i/IR... not sure if they unzip the firmware differently

universe,

First, you cannot unzip the upgrade file into an SD Card and hope that it works.

This is what I suggest:

1. Unplug ISY

2. Put a blank SD Card in

3. Plug ISY back in

4. Do a factory reset (press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds)

5. If RX and/or TX are solidly on, then ISY cannot communicate with the PLM: if you are sure the PLM works with the other ISY, then the unit you got is defective

6. If error/mem lights blink, then you have networking issues. If your router is on DHCP, and you are certain the network cable/router port are OK, then the unit you got is defective

7. If only error light blinks, then the SD Card is corrupt (it can NOT be more than 1GB) or the unit you got is defective

8. If the only light that stays on is Power, then:

-- Clear your Java cache

-- Go to http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/admin.jnlp

-- If your computer cannot find ISY, then check firewall on your computer or use the IP address of your ISY in ISY Finder

9. Upgrade the firmware to 3.3.10

With kind regards,

Michel

I am successfully using 4G SD card on working ISY99i unit. Maybe it will be a problem if it writes successfully past 1G and then can't read it back?

I guess the "new" unit is defective. If I swap boxes (including SD card) the router doesn't see the "new" box even after a reset which I imagine would force an IP correction if needed.

Oh well. It seems to do everything else except connect to network. I suppose I could use it to monitor X10 events but I would have to remove SD card to get the log. Well I got an IR sensor out of it anyway.

Archived