Release 2.6.13 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Eric

I checked the ramp rate and on level. They were ok but after I did a restore the problem was fixed. Was that necessary because of an upgrade or some other reason?

Thanks a lot for your help

Gary

Not sure...what version switch is it that was giving the problem? Prehaps it is a new one and related to I2 issues....restoring it with the new version rewrites the link table in the device and makes sure that it matches what ISY thinks is linked there.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so very much ... as usual and customary with software, I cannot reproduce it here but I shall consider it a bug and will try to figure out what's causing this behavior.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Wayne, are you saying that you get a Request Failed as soon as you get the Admin Console?

Do you have Network Magic software installed on any computer on your network?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

See the five steps I wrote in previous msg for the exact sequence.

Yes as soon as I log into ISY (enter user name and password then press OK) I get the 'Request failed' error and another blank log in screen. So I have to log in twice, the second time there is no 'Request failed' error.

Thanks,

Wayne

ps. No network magic software installed.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so very much ... as usual and customary with software, I cannot reproduce it here but I shall consider it a bug and will try to figure out what's causing this behavior.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Its probably a hard one to track down, but I'll keep posting you info if anything more relevant comes up. One thing to note is that it doesn't happen all the time, only every 5 to 10 logins. If this changes I'll le you know.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hello someguy,

I cannot reproduce this issue here and I have 3 Motion Sensors. Would you be kind enough doing a Restore Device on your motion sensor? Also, when you click the set button manually, does the status change?

With kind regards,

Michel

here is a bug that I found in this version and in the .12 version:

when an Insteon Motion sensor turns a light on, the status goes to ON, then later when the light goes off (because the motion sensor turned it off), the status stays ON. The only way to get the status to switch back to off is to manually query it.

Michel:

when I "restore device" it gives me the frustrating "request failed".

When I press the set button on the motion sensor, it toggles the lights, but it does NOT change the status readout in the ISY admin console.

Hi someguy,

The problem is communications between ISY and your motion sensor. Two questions:

1. How close/far is your PLM from your Access Point and your Access Point from your Motion Sensor?

2. How good is your battery?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello someguy,

I cannot reproduce this issue here and I have 3 Motion Sensors. Would you be kind enough doing a Restore Device on your motion sensor? Also, when you click the set button manually, does the status change?

With kind regards,

Michel

when an Insteon Motion sensor turns a light on, the status goes to ON, then later when the light goes off (because the motion sensor turned it off), the status stays ON. The only way to get the status to switch back to off is to manually query it.

Michel:

When I press the set button on the motion sensor, it toggles the lights, but it does NOT change the status readout in the ISY admin console.

Hi Michel:

I tried "restore device" multiple times with the motion sensor in programming mode sitting a few inches from either of my access points. I tried it with three different batteries. It still didn't work. I also did wait more than 5 minutes after reinserting the battery.

I removed the device from the ISY and then did a factory reset. Now I can't get it to add to the ISY list. When I put in the insteon address and either choose auto-discover or choose 2420, It gets to about 8% and then the diaglog box just vanishes. I have tried closing all browsers and deleting my java cache and nothing works. Any other ideas?

Here is the funny thing, the motion sensor still turns on the lights that it was linked to before, but the status doesn't report to the ISY when they change from off to on or vice versa.

edit:

I tried putting it a few inches away from the other access point and I can now get it to go all of the way to 99%. This requires me to put the unit back into programming mode twice and when it gets past 99%, the dialog box vanishes and the motion sensor isn't in my list.

Any ideas to fix this?

2nd edit:

after I tried this about 10 times, we went out to a party and I came back and I had at least a dozen error windows open in the admin console. A few of them said "Socket Open Failed java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine". most of them said "Socket Open Failed java.net.SocketTimeoutException"

Hi someguy,

The problem is communications between ISY and your motion sensor. Two questions:

1. How close/far is your PLM from your Access Point and your Access Point from your Motion Sensor?

2. How good is your battery?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello someguy,

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

Hello someguy,

I do very much apologize for the inconvenience. I know how frustrating it is to have to go through all these steps.

As far as socket errors, that usually happens when your computer goes to standby or wireless connection is severed. "host", in this case, is your computer.

Now, as far as the motion sensor:

The reason it gets to 99% is because it's trying to wipe out all the records from the previous linking endeavor

As this is the second case involving the same symptoms - and even though I cannot reproduce it with the three motion sensors I have here - with your permission, I would like to call you tomorrow (Friday) and go through this with you remotely ( I'd like to see the output of the event viewer).

In my opinion, if you get status updates from all other devices, I don't think it can be anything but the motion sensor itself. Are these new sensors or the Beta sensors from SH?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel:

I tried "restore device" multiple times with the motion sensor in programming mode sitting a few inches from either of my access points. I tried it with three different batteries. It still didn't work. I also did wait more than 5 minutes after reinserting the battery.

I removed the device from the ISY and then did a factory reset. Now I can't get it to add to the ISY list. When I put in the insteon address and either choose auto-discover or choose 2420, It gets to about 8% and then the diaglog box just vanishes. I have tried closing all browsers and deleting my java cache and nothing works. Any other ideas?

Here is the funny thing, the motion sensor still turns on the lights that it was linked to before, but the status doesn't report to the ISY when they change from off to on or vice versa.

edit:

I tried putting it a few inches away from the other access point and I can now get it to go all of the way to 99%. This requires me to put the unit back into programming mode twice and when it gets past 99%, the dialog box vanishes and the motion sensor isn't in my list.

Any ideas to fix this?

2nd edit:

after I tried this about 10 times, we went out to a party and I came back and I had at least a dozen error windows open in the admin console. A few of them said "Socket Open Failed java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine". most of them said "Socket Open Failed java.net.SocketTimeoutException"

thanks for your help. Yes, I could talk to you and work this out tomorrow. I will send you a personal message for more details.

this is a new Motion sensor, not a beta version.

Hello someguy,

I do very much apologize for the inconvenience. I know how frustrating it is to have to go through all these steps.

As far as socket errors, that usually happens when your computer goes to standby or wireless connection is severed. "host", in this case, is your computer.

Now, as far as the motion sensor:

The reason it gets to 99% is because it's trying to wipe out all the records from the previous linking endeavor

As this is the second case involving the same symptoms - and even though I cannot reproduce it with the three motion sensors I have here - with your permission, I would like to call you tomorrow (Friday) and go through this with you remotely ( I'd like to see the output of the event viewer).

In my opinion, if you get status updates from all other devices, I don't think it can be anything but the motion sensor itself. Are these new sensors or the Beta sensors from SH?

With kind regards,

Michel

I very much appreciate the updated firmware. I stayed on the sidelines in the recent set of betas as my attention was on work, but I finally installed 2.6.13. I had seen that others had issues with EZIO4O.

I have 2 EZIO4O's being used to control drapes. After updating to this version, the links to the EZIO4O's are still there and the ISY can control them -- both manually from the console screen and with the daily programs. However, here's something weird. I had manually linked to switches (one EZIO40 to an ICON Relay and one EZIO4O to a button on a KPL). These ICON Relay and KPL buttons no longer act as controllers. Now, I never did have these set up as scenes in the ISY, because I could not get that to work (in versions < 2.6.10 or after). Thus, these were links that were outside the ISY. Why would they no longer work? If the ISY didn't know about them before, why would updating the ISY cause these links to now fail?

I understand the difficulty in the fact that the EZIO's use the PLM and SH has made this very difficult. I'll add my vote to those that hope you can work with SHN to get these devices supported. I rely on the EZIO4O and the EZIO6I for drape control and contact monitoring.

Hi Someguy

Like you - I have found that getting the Motion Sensors programmed to do what I want to be very frustrating.

I would like to offer the following --

In order to successfuly factory reset a motion sensor I found I had to follow these steps. First, using the ISY I had to remove the motion sensor from any linked device or scene. Then I could remove the motion sensor from the ISY. After completing the removals, then I would do the factory reset on the motion sensor. --- If I did not do this, some of my previously linked devices would still "hear" the motion sensor after the reset and in one case I found that I ended with a double link to a device when I did my programming again.

Additionally, I would add that rushing any step in the process seemed to cause issues. The 2420 seems to need time to properly save changes within its' memory. This thing really tests my patience. I confirmed some of this with the Tech person at SH.

These dxxx 2420M sensors are likely to drive us a little nuts!!! :x

Just to add some further experience with motion sensors.

I found that programming changes rarely works on the first attempt. I put the MS right next to an access point, press button for 5 sec and select 'New Insteon Device' --> Select the MS from the list and then select the last option (...keep existing links). You can't rush any of these steps, once you get the hang of it, each one can be added or programmed within a minute or so.

I have three motion sensors and once I got them added and configured they have been 100% reliable.

Best of luck,

Wayne

After I tried to update to 2.6.13 I can no longer connect to the ISY. It's an ISY-99i PRO. When I connect to the debug port using Hyperterm I see a prompt that says "nb>". Looking back through the Hyperterm buffer I found a line of text saying "Decomp Failed, No Valid app". If I try "BOOT" I get "Decomp Failed". If I try "Reset" I get the following

"

nb>ResetWaiting 2sec to start 'A' to abort

Decomp Failed

No Valid app

Universal Devices NBUD-70-100 Monitor V1.0 Jun 13 2007 15:27:39

HELP for help

nb>

"

What can I do to straighten this out?

Hello George,

I am so very sorry for the problems you are experiencing. Please do send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll send you the instructions to get it up and running again.

With kind regards,

Michel

After I tried to update to 2.6.13 I can no longer connect to the ISY. It's an ISY-99i PRO. When I connect to the debug port using Hyperterm I see a prompt that says "nb>". Looking back through the Hyperterm buffer I found a line of text saying "Decomp Failed, No Valid app". If I try "BOOT" I get "Decomp Failed". If I try "Reset" I get the following

"

nb>ResetWaiting 2sec to start 'A' to abort

Decomp Failed

No Valid app

Universal Devices NBUD-70-100 Monitor V1.0 Jun 13 2007 15:27:39

HELP for help

nb>

"

What can I do to straighten this out?

Hello JasonWPB,

I am not sure why you would lose your manual links unless you try to do a restore on any one of those devices.

We are going to restart the EZxxx devices as soon as we are sure our i2 is working properly. It's really a shame how these things tend to happen more often especially to those who are supporting SmartHome.

With kind regards,

Michel

I very much appreciate the updated firmware. I stayed on the sidelines in the recent set of betas as my attention was on work, but I finally installed 2.6.13. I had seen that others had issues with EZIO4O.

I have 2 EZIO4O's being used to control drapes. After updating to this version, the links to the EZIO4O's are still there and the ISY can control them -- both manually from the console screen and with the daily programs. However, here's something weird. I had manually linked to switches (one EZIO40 to an ICON Relay and one EZIO4O to a button on a KPL). These ICON Relay and KPL buttons no longer act as controllers. Now, I never did have these set up as scenes in the ISY, because I could not get that to work (in versions

I understand the difficulty in the fact that the EZIO's use the PLM and SH has made this very difficult. I'll add my vote to those that hope you can work with SHN to get these devices supported. I rely on the EZIO4O and the EZIO6I for drape control and contact monitoring.

Note:I tried to post this message here and due to pilot error I posted it some place else. So please disregard that message:

I had three motion sensores working under release .7. I upgraded to .13 and all the devices come up as "unsupported devices". I removed one and tried to relink it and it would not relink.

I have three thermostats. Before the upgrade (from version 2.6.8) everything worked. Now, each change that the isy makes to the thermostat changes the current state to 0. If I query it, the current state returns to the current temperature. This only happens on my oldest thermostat which is version 1.0 firmware version .24. this is a small problem, but I monitor my temps around the house for low temp. Now each time the isy changes the temp, I get an email warning me of a low temp situation. I have tried to reset the thermostat and power cycle it. Same result. thanks for any help. Do I need to upgrade?

Hey Dougos2 -

I have a Thermostat Adapter v.24 here was well, and have once or twice had the current state change to 0 and received an errant notification - but not consistently. I am able to adjust the set point and mode without issue in general.

Is this happening every time for you? If you can give me an exact scenario, maybe I can test for it here as well.

It seems to have this problem every time I change the setpoint with the admin console. the programs can change the setpoint without triggering a problem. My other two thermostats v .26 have no issues. Also, on a major positive note, I am able to add all my motion dectors with no problem. On 2.6.8 it was a major pain. Now it seems completely fixed.

Hello all:

percy:

Please do be kind enough to factory reset them (otherwise it's going to take a very long time) and then add them using Link Management->New INSETON Device, and then choose the Motion Sensor from the drop down list.

gregoryx

All you have to do is to make sure your RL is in programming mode continuously and while ISY is trying to program it. So, make sure you check your RL every 4 minutes or so to make sure it's still in programming mode IF and ONLY IF ISY is still programming it.

dougos2 and Mike

Verified bugs and already fixed for the next version. The problem ONLY happens if your mode is Auto and if you use Increment and Decrement. The problem is in the in thermostat firmware:

In previous code base, there was a delay between the increment/decrement and subsequent queries. In this release, we have removed the delay and the thermostat GETS CONFUSED for some reason. Anyway, the fix also includes major performance enhancements which I am sure you'll find pleasing!

With kind regards,

Michel

gregoryx

All you have to do is to make sure your RL is in programming mode continuously and while ISY is trying to program it. So, make sure you check your RL every 4 minutes or so to make sure it's still in programming mode IF and ONLY IF ISY is still programming it.

Hmmm... okay... maybe it's working, then. It only takes a minute or so for the progress bar to go away and the solid light on the RL goes back to flashing. Does that mean it's done? If so, where is the device represented in the UDI console software? How do I link it to things in the software?

The Remote Linc shows up in the device tree just like any other device. What problem are you having with it? Are you not able to get it to link at all?

gregoryx

Hmmm... okay... maybe it's working, then. It only takes a minute or so for the progress bar to go away and the solid light on the RL goes back to flashing. Does that mean it's done? If so, where is the device represented in the UDI console software? How do I link it to things in the software?

Thanks for the feedback. Am I going to need to upgrade the firmware on my old thermostat adapter to get the enhancement that you refered to?

No, I am sure what Michel was referring to was the ISY Firmware. Currently there is no way to update firmware for Insteon devices in the field. Much debate on that one...but for now, Smarthome is not making that available.

Archived