What is wrong with my programs?

jrini

I have the following programs on my ISY. 

If

Control 'Basement / FrontRoom / BasementStairs - A' is switched Off

Then

Wait  3 seconds

Send X10 'A7/Off (11)'

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If

Control 'Basement / FrontRoom / BasementStairs - A' is switched On

Then

Wait  3 seconds

Send X10 'A7/On (3)'

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If the X10 switch is on, executing the Then phrase of the first program does set the switch off.  If the X10 switch is off, executing the Then phrase of the second program has no effect.

Using the Insteon Mini Remote paddle switch named “BasementStairs-A” has no effect.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John Rini

Hi John

If you watch the admin console while turning the mini remote on and off, do you see mini remote device indicate "on" when you turn it on?

If you use the admin console to turn A7 on and off manually, what happens?

Paul

Following up on Paul Bates questions:

1.  I did not see the mini remote changing states, so I rewrote updates to it.  The mini remote does now change states in the Admin Console.  It also does now turn off the X-10 A7 switch.
  2.   I do not see the X-10 switch in the “Main” page of the Admin Console and am not sure of how to change the state of the switch except via ISY programs.  Do I need to buy the X-10 module to do that?

My bad on x10 in the console, those are not in there, but they can be tested with programs.  Right click on the program in question and "run then" to test

You don't need the x10 module, unless you want logical names for x10 devices instead of HC/UC

Paul

Archived