help is required (insteon alert module) error.

Hello everyone,

i just received net-new alert module (2867-222); however, when tried to add into my insteon network (ISY994i firmware 4.3) received a message "unsupported device" can't be added.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks

You have done nothing wrong.

It is not supported yet.

Through no fault of UDI. I blame Smarlabs 100% for this problem.

UDI has been waiting for months to get the needed data to add it to the ISY994i  list of supported devices.

Many of us here have also been waiting for months for Smartlabs to get the needed information to UDI.

• 4 months later...

I have seen messages indications it will be supported in the 5.? firmware.

I don't believe any of the version 4 editions will be getting it.

One would have to beg to ask the question is version 4.XX firmware going to be deprecated and the 5.XX OS will finally come into Beta?!?! 

I know there has been talk and comments in the forum this was the ultimate goal for UDI.

Regression testing is a good thing!  I hate updating anything, it seems like something else always breaks.

Do I understand correctly that a full firmware update is necessary to incorporate new devices like the Alert Module?  If so, will that always be the case, or will there be something like a device library if that is possible, and just add the new device to it?

Just wishful thinking. . . 

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Ok so its 10/12/2016 and we still have no support for the Alert Module.

I love my ISY but this is has gotten old, I have had the module since February and still no support?

I have had to use a I/O link hooked to a self powered speaker to get my alerts.

Thank you for letting me vent...

Yeah, I have one sitting in a box, too.  I use an on/off module with a 120V beeper/light.  Looks like crap, but it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3WNAX6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ok so its 10/12/2016 and we still have no support for the Alert Module.

I love my ISY but this is has gotten old, I have had the module since February and still no support?

ISY support for devices, is usually in the next release after SH releases the API, so that code "guessing" is not done.

Hello all,

We had to make a decision as to the firmware release which would include support for this device. We chose 5.0.x and we are working very hard to have it included in 5.0.6.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel,

Just to clarify did you mean 5.0.7 opposed to 5.0.6 which is already being tested by a few members? Also, does that mean the 5.XX firmware is finally going into Beta?

Thank You

Hello all,

We had to make a decision as to the firmware release which would include support for this device. We chose 5.0.x and we are working very hard to have it included in 5.0.6.

With kind regards,

Michel

What Teken posted above....

and welcome back Michel!  We hope your holiday was relaxing. (cracks whip... :) )

Hello Michel,

Just to clarify did you mean 5.0.7 opposed to 5.0.6 which is already being tested by a few members? Also, does that mean the 5.XX firmware is finally going into Beta?

Thank You

Hi Teken,

It will be available during the 5.x development cycle, and likely not in 5.0.7.  We are not going into Beta just yet, we will probably have at least two more builds before Beta.

Hello Chris,

I know 5.XX has been quite the challenge for the entire team and know it's been very fluid on many fronts.

So won't hold the team on the two builds before entering into Beta trials.

Many of the 3rd party vendors have been looking forward to Beta launch to incorporate node server support.

Thank You!

=========================

The highest calling in life is to serve ones country faithfully - Teach others what can be. Do what is right and not what is popular.

Archived