Problems linking 2446D Keypad Dimmer

Hi, I am very new to Insteon, but I do programming for other automation systems for a living. I recently pulled a TON of Insteon stuff out of a house and installed all new Control4 stuff. The homeowner gave me his entire Insteon system, so I've been installing it around my house. I have had no issues installing and adding devices to the system until one keypad dimmer. He had the 2443 access points installed all over his house, so I have a bunch of those and have followed the installation instructions, installing them all around my house, but I can't seem to get a good link. I think this may be the issue. Anyways, here is the problem:

I am trying to install the keypad in my master bedroom (I have 2 switches and a dimmer already installed and connected in my master bathroom and they are working great). I did a factory reset on this keypad when I first installed it, just as I have with every device I've installed, and then put it into discovery mode by holding the top button down for 10 seconds. I then go into the isy's console and try to discover the device, just like I have done with all the other devices. I get the same error every time that just says that the device cannot be added. I don't know what I'm missing here. I have installed about 20 other switches/dimmers in my house and they are spread around nicely, so the mesh should be solid. I presume that the access points will be the way to get this working properly, but I haven't been able to get a solid light on them after doing the 4 tap.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks in advance for the help! This forum has already helped me through a few things, so I appreciate the people contributing on here!

Hi, I am very new to Insteon, but I do programming for other automation systems for a living. I recently pulled a TON of Insteon stuff out of a house and installed all new Control4 stuff. The homeowner gave me his entire Insteon system, so I've been installing it around my house. I have had no issues installing and adding devices to the system until one keypad dimmer. He had the 2443 access points installed all over his house, so I have a bunch of those and have followed the installation instructions, installing them all around my house, but I can't seem to get a good link. I think this may be the issue. Anyways, here is the problem:

I am trying to install the keypad in my master bedroom (I have 2 switches and a dimmer already installed and connected in my master bathroom and they are working great). I did a factory reset on this keypad when I first installed it, just as I have with every device I've installed, and then put it into discovery mode by holding the top button down for 10 seconds. I then go into the isy's console and try to discover the device, just like I have done with all the other devices. I get the same error every time that just says that the device cannot be added. I don't know what I'm missing here. I have installed about 20 other switches/dimmers in my house and they are spread around nicely, so the mesh should be solid. I presume that the access points will be the way to get this working properly, but I haven't been able to get a solid light on them after doing the 4 tap.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks in advance for the help! This forum has already helped me through a few things, so I appreciate the people contributing on here!

What firmware version are you running on the ISY. Is the firmware and the user interface the same version?

What's the model number of the keypad you're having a problem with?

What type of load is connected to the keypad?

Archived