Some Echo connected home voice commands suddenly not recognized...

ahwman

I was able to get my tv channels working by appending channel to the name without a space. Example: Turn on HGTVChannel" works fine for me...

So, with this info I put skip commercials in as skipcommercials and it works!  Then things got weird.  I started using this technique on other devices that stopped working with the latest update.  I changed fast forward, elk voice, disarm house password .........., fox news, fox sports, etc.... and skipcommercials stopped working!  I put them all back with the exception of skipcommercials and fastforward and it works again.  None of the ones I changed contained skip or commercials either.  If I get a chance I will go back one by one and figured out the culprit.

Edit:  

Well, now I do not think it was changing the other devices.  I think when you add the two words together you have to say them quickly for it work.  

So, with this info I put skip commercials in as skipcommercials and it works!  Then things got weird.  I started using this technique on other devices that stopped working with the latest update.  I changed fast forward, elk voice, disarm house password .........., fox news, fox sports, etc.... and skipcommercials stopped working!  I put them all back with the exception of skipcommercials and fastforward and it works again.  None of the ones I changed contained skip or commercials either.  If I get a chance I will go back one by one and figured out the culprit.

That is very odd. I can't imagine that this is by design. Crossing my fingers Amazon is expedient in getting this resolved...

Hello all,

Just a quick update: we had a very good call with Amazon on Friday. I made sure to mention the issues related to names not being recognized and the answer was that they specifically train Alexas with certain names and others may not work. I explained that they used to work and was promised that they would take a look at the document and see what may have contributed to this issue.

Please note that all Connected Home features are now called Smart Home Skill (different API) which also includes thermostats and other things. We are working to implement them as we speak.

All this said, I do suspect we'll have some disruptions and intermittent issues as they move their APIs.

With kind regards,

Michel

The issue with the Waterfall is not at the back-end (Autelis), but rather in the interpretation of the command . I also use Autelis to control my Pool/SPA. However I also use Prime music and Tunein radio. There is a song in Prime music named Waterfall and that is what Alexis tries to play when I say turn on the waterfall.  Turn on the pool waterfall seems to be okay. I have a similar problem with the CNN channel on my TV. Turn on CNN seems to get interpreted as to play the Tunein radio feed for CNN.

I have begun a conversation with Amazon regarding the use of secondary reserved words such as "Play" for music and not allow turn on  to start music in the Selected Home Skill, similarly for radio stations. 

The first Barry

Things seem to be getting worse. I have a program name "away" stopped working over the weekend. Same symptom, either doesn't know the word or wants to play some song name away. It's really frustrating something that was working so well going to crap.

The only Greg.

Things seem to be getting worse. I have a program name "away" stopped working over the weekend. Same symptom, either doesn't know the word or wants to play some song name away. It's really frustrating something that was working so well going to crap.

The only Greg.

I couldn't agree more. I had to redo many of my command words as well as re-learn them. I certainly hope Amazon will be receptive to customer feedback regarding this issue. Time will tell...

Thankfully we have an amazing support team here at UDI that has our back.

Chuck

Hello everyone,Amazon has been extremely helpful and professional. They were going to take a look and let us know. I shall keep you posted.With kind regards,Michel

That's very encouraging Michel. Thanks for keeping us in the loop my friend.

Chuck

I'm having the same issue(s). None of my tv channels work anymore. The think that really sucks is that I had everything working perfectly until they changed whatever it is they changed.

What ever happened to: Don't fix it if it's not broken. .?

Up until last night I have been able to say "Alexa, sink on" to turn on the lights over my kitchen sink that are named "Sink Lights".  Now Alexa responds with bluetooth pairing instructions.  "Turn on sink LIGHTS" does still work.

-Xathros

Hi ahwman,I am also experiencing Alexa being dazed and confused (I don't have these issues with Dots). It's now replying back with "turned on x" instead of "ok" but randomly. Then, I get "I cannot find x in Michel's profile" + a lot of other anomalies.With kind regards,Michel

Thanks for the confirmation Mochel. I guess all we can do is let Amazon do their upgrades and see where the dust settles..

Hoping for the best,

Chuck

The only Greg.

My Super Hero for 2016 . . .

I just had to Forget all devices and then Discover devices to restore all some spokens. BTW, spoken is now a spoken noun B)

I need an example :)

Jon...

The spoken (noun) for my sound system is "stereo." I have spoken (verb).

I've noticed a new issue that is troublesome. Sometimes commands are being repeated twice. Example: "Alexa, turn on advance" which I use to skip on my TiVo is now sometimes executing twice. This behavior is occurring intermittently with all of my commands now.

I surely hope these issues are temporary...

Chuck

Archived