RemoteLinc #2440 - is it supported by ISY?

wwat

Hi,

Was wondering whether the SmartLabs RemoteLinc #2440 was support by ISY?

When I click the Link Management->Link a RemoteLink menu, the description states '4843 Icon RemoteLink' and I'm not sure that is the same unit.

The funny thing is that when I put it into programming mode using the DIM and BRIGHT keys ISY does find the 6 keys but I cant get them to do anything using programs:

Here is an example of a test program that wont work.

If
       Control 'BTN A' is switched On

Then
       Set 'Living Rm LL - Christmas Tree' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

THanks,

Wayne

You are right in that the 2440 is not in the drop down list when you cancel the first requester. But if you put the 2440 in link mode and click okay in the first requester (Link Management/Link RemoteLinc) it will add as a 2440.

That may be why your program isn't working. Delete the device. Perform a factory reset on the RL and re-add it.

Your program is not necessary. That's not to say it shouldn't work, it should. But the preferred method to achieve your goal would be to create a scene containing the Christmas Tree and the RemoteLinc button. The ISY will create the links between the devices and the ISY will not be involved in the execution.

Rand

You are right in that the 2440 is not in the drop down list when you cancel the first requester. But if you put the 2440 in link mode and click okay in the first requester (Link Management/Link RemoteLinc) it will add as a 2440.

Hi Rand,

I performed the following:

1) Removed the device from 'My Lighting'

2) Factory reset the 2440 RemoteLink

3) Clicked Link Management->Link RemoteLink

4) Pressed DIM + BRIGHT keys to put device into commuication mode

5) Entered device address and clicked ok button

It seemed to add the device as '2843 Icon Remote Link', this is exactly what it did before.

I'm able to create a scene and drop the button and light into the scene and have it control the light. I tried this with a second button and light combination and it would not work.

I then went through steps 1 to 5 again and now it wont add the device at all.

When you say ' it will add as a 2440' are you saying ISY will add the 2440 RemoteLink to the list of devices in the following dropdown list, or are you refering to the 'My Lighting' tree?

Here is the list of supported devices, I have scrolled right to the bottom and its not there after I tried to follow your steps.

RLinc1.jpg

It did add the 6 buttons but it seems only one worked via the 'Scene' method.

RLinc2.jpg

I must admit to being a bit confused with the terminology you used (i.e first requester etc). If you wouldn't mind can you give me a step by step on exactly what I need to click to get the 2440 RL correctly added to ISY.

I might reboot ISY before trying again.

Your program is not necessary. That's not to say it shouldn't work, it should. But the preferred method to achieve your goal would be to create a scene containing the Christmas Tree and the RemoteLinc button. The ISY will create the links between the devices and the ISY will not be involved in the execution.

Rand

Okay, but as you say it should still work and because its not working it may be a symptom of my first problem.

Thanks for your help,

Wayne

Hi Rand,

Already done and fixed! Thanks.

Wayne, thanks for finding the bug.

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry, now I see my 2440 RemoteLincs are displayed as Icon RemoteLincs. It must be a glitch in the new ISY firmware. Meanwhile the RemoteLincs continue to function properly.

We will have to get Michel to add this to the bugs.

Rand

Archived