Insteon Dimmer not working after PLM change

Hi There,

I have an odd problem that I cannot seem to resolve.  Hoping someone out there can help.

Recently swapped out a broken PLM following the wiki tutorial.  Everything seems to be working fine - programs that were not working are now working, and I can change scenes and devices again via the ISY admin interface.  Good stuff.   I don't think the PLM change is the route of this problem, but it started to occur immediately after the PLM swap so maybe it is..

My problem is that a single dimmer "1st Floor - Kitchen Pot Lights" is not working when manually pressed.  If I single tap the dimmer switch either on or off nothing happens.  The weird thing is that if I double tap the dimmer switch it works fine and turns on and off (fast).  I can also change the value of the switch in the ISY admin panel.  

I am completely stumped.  Any suggestions?  Happy to post logs if that helps.

Cheers,

Jeff

If the local ramp rate was set to nine or eight minutes depending on firmware in the switch.

It may appear to not turn On or Off as it is ramping real slow.

I believe a double tap is a Fast On or Fast Off and does not use the ramp rate it is set to.

If you look at the switches properties in the administrative console. Does it show a real long local ramp rate is set?

If the problem isn't the local ramp rate just quickly do a air gap for ten seconds. Then try it again and see how the switch behaves locally please report back success / failure.

NOTE: Air gaping simply requires you to pull the clear set button out. Wait ten seconds and push it back flush to the frame. If air gaping does not resolve the issue hard reset the device and perform a device restore via the Admin Console.

A hard reset requires the air gap to be pulled out for ten seconds then push the clear set button all the way until the switch beeps / flashes then release.

If the problem isn't the local ramp rate just quickly do a air gap for ten seconds. Then try it again and see how the switch behaves locally please report back success / failure.

NOTE: Air gaping simply requires you to pull the clear set button out. Wait ten seconds and push it back flush to the frame. If air gaping does not resolve the issue hard reset the device and perform a device restore via the Admin Console.

A hard reset requires the air gap to be pulled out for ten seconds then push the clear set button all the way until the switch beeps / flashes then release.

The hard reset with the device restore solved the issue. Thanks so much.

Archived