Garage door keeps loosing settings

Jeff_bull

All I did was add my ISY to Amazon Echo. Now the garage door will not stay down. I had it setup with several keypadlinc so I would know when it is up or down. This is the 3rd time it has lost its settings. Can I prevent this? What am I doing wrong? Is it common for these IO lincs to loose settings? When I push one of the keypadlinc buttons I have setup or the garage door button. The door goes down then right back up. I had to disable the iolinc to get the door to stay down. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Trigger Reverse is an issue due to not reversing state on query (3am.)  Apparently you're using the contacts that came with the "Garage Kit?" (which are normally closed NC)  If I were you I'd pickup the Seco-Larm SM-226L-3Q

No need to disable the sensor with the relay disabled.  <<-- Oops... I guess you can't disable just the relay

Jon...

The red circle with the slash indicate that the I/O Linc has been disabled. Right click on the I/O Linc to re-enable it.

That was the only way I got my garage door to go down. If I enable it the door will not close.

Trigger Reverse is an issue due to not reversing state on query (3am.)  Apparently you're using the contacts that came with the "Garage Kit?" (which are normally closed NC)  If I were you I'd pickup the Seco-Larm SM-226L-3Q

No need to disable the sensor with the relay disabled.  <<-- Oops... I guess you can't disable just the relay

Jon...

I would have not issue replacing the switch.. That is the the reason it would quite working? How can I verify that is the issue? Remove the tigger reverse?

That was the only way I got my garage door to go down. If I enable it the door will not close.

I just want to clarify...

Will not go down - or closes and then reopens...

Two different troubleshooting paths.

If it's closing then reopening, you almost certainly have a program triggering on the IOLinc input that you are flipping a scene (to light a KPL button) where the IOLinc relay is a member. This will trigger every time the door is closed and reopened the door. To troubleshoot, try disabling these programs and reenabling your IOLinc...

Any contact will work just fine with the right program logic but the "Reverse" option will cause you troubles when the 3:00 AM query reports the status "unreversed".

The I/O linc needs to be enabled, to work, and your programs need to be straightened out.

Oh, and yes. Turn off 'trigger reverse'. It only reverses a trigger signal - not the value when queried. It will cause you issues!

If you need to reverse the signal - rewire your sensor. Switch it from NO to NC (or vice versa)

Archived