This is really hard for me... where do I begin?

Jay M

This sounds like your expensive amps use Class A outputs and no transistor crossover switching distortion is heard simulating the old tube smoothness. I bet it gets hot when it works though.. :)

There is still no consensus on the topic of "warm sound" that's attributed to tubes when compared to transistors, but we all get excited when I turn the sound up B)

I know about distortion pedals. Hey, I hang around with my bud of 2 1/2 decades who plays with Robbie Kreiger and was lead guitar for Wild Child (I still get free tickets), but I don't like the distortion to be inherent to my audio system. I want to hear the distortion as it was created, not add to it B)

I'm not a fan of subscriptions and avoid them whenever I can. But I do have two land lines and a smartphone, all of which are useless w/o a subscription. I also get newspapers and magazines. It's the price I pay for the services I want B)

I don't mind subs, but they have to be affordable and echo integration is too pricey for me so it won't happen.  I'll have figure something else out...