Update: 0.9.503

James Peterson

Just upgraded to 0.9.503. Seems to run OK. Looks good so far. I loaded the last version but can't say I tried it much, yet.

Can't get the last version to work on an android M8S TV Box. Stuck on updating for hours until aborted.

Rebuild of devices and programs took just under 5 minutes on Wi-Fi connection. I have about 100 programs.

Aesthetics

Vertical compression of variable lists would be nice so that more than 2.5 variables on a screen at a time would be nice. I have almost 200 Integer variables so it takes a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom ...LOL  Value and Init side by side maybe?

Some more vertical compression of program lists  would also be nice but not as expanded as variables....minor.

Some long program names take the same space as the True/False status. Maybe xxxx...... style list?

This probably applies to program folder names as well but I only have shorter ones.

Thing folders to individual devices. I see no way back except to go through the home route and start again. Maybe I missed a gesture method there.

Very nice looking! Keep up the awesome work!

BTW: I thought you were charging for this and since it sounded like something becoming serious was going to attempt to roust some support from the Android crowd. Have a BTC or LTC address yet?

Just upgraded to 0.9.503. Seems to run OK. Looks good so far. I loaded the last version but can't say I tried it much, yet.

Can't get the last version to work on an android M8S TV Box. Stuck on updating for hours until aborted.

Rebuild of devices and programs took just under 5 minutes on Wi-Fi connection. I have about 100 programs.

Aesthetics

Vertical compression of variable lists would be nice so that more than 2.5 variables on a screen at a time would be nice. I have almost 200 Integer variables so it takes a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom ...LOL Value and Init side by side maybe?

Some more vertical compression of program lists would also be nice but not as expanded as variables....minor.

Some long program names take the same space as the True/False status. Maybe xxxx...... style list?

This probably applies to program folder names as well but I only have shorter ones.

Thing folders to individual devices. I see no way back except to go through the home route and start again. Maybe I missed a gesture method there.

BTW: I thought you were charging for this and since it sounded like something becoming serious was going to attempt to roust some support from the Android crowd. Have a BTC or LTC address yet?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do about the vertical compression issues. The app has a 30 day trial. After which, it with require a purchase of various access levels. (Settings->Access level). I wanted to give a large enough trial so that users get have enough time to find or ask questions about features prior to purchase.

The is an issue with a few of the back stacks so navigation get wonky in places. I'll eventually get those fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

James,

I completed the upgrade to 0.9.503 a few minutes ago. It was easy to add a name for an additional profile, but it took a few minutes to figure out how to actually change to that profile. On the Profile List page there is no indication that you need to long press the profile name. Not a big issue, but someone not use to changing profile may not know what to do.

The second profile settings loaded promptly, which is a good thing.

1. Just to be sure I haven't missed an easier way to change profiles, it looks like the following is the only way to change profiles:

a. Tap menu from upper left corner.

b. Select Profile.

c. Long press profile name.

Anyway to shorten this process so the change of profile is quicker and takes less steps? (See comment below about profile names on home screen).

2. On the home screen, the name of the profile you are on doesn't appear. While that's not an issue for me, I think sooner or later my wife will tell me she can't find some device or a device won't work and she will be on the wrong profile. There is a possibility to have device with similar names in each profile.

I would suggest having the profile name at the top of the screen after Agave.

3. If the profile name is added to the home page, would it be possible for a swipe to the left to change profiles, or a long press on the profile name?

4. When you add the second profile name, the original profile is automatically named "Main". I haven't found a way to change this name. I think there should be the ability to use a custom name for the original profile.

5. If you loose track of which profile you are on and select profile from main menu, and then try to select the profile you are on ( remember, there is no profile name on any page) nothing happens. Screen should change to the selected profile.

6. This next comment is after setting up a second profile and switching back and forth between the profiles. When you change profiles, the home page is coming up blank with note No Favorites added. Tapping refresh doesn't populate favorites (after connection has been made). You can go to menu, devices and then switch to home page and the device populate correctly. If you select add the device are shown as being on home page.

It appears the home screen only populates on the second reloading of the page after you switch profiles.

These are just initial thoughts since I haven't had much of a chance to try out this update. I will let you know if I notice anything else. Overall, adding the additional profile is good and the program remains very responsive.

Good job.

Dennis

PS:

1. With the ability to add a second profile, I can now see a Schlage door lock. I would like to suggest some color be added to the lock status to give a visual indication of locked versus unlocked. Maybe, red and green?

2. Will you be adding support for the climate module?

James,

I completed the upgrade to 0.9.503 a few minutes ago. It was easy to add a name for an additional profile, but it took a few minutes to figure out how to actually change to that profile. On the Profile List page there is no indication that you need to long press the profile name. Not a big issue, but someone not use to changing profile may not know what to do.

The second profile settings loaded promptly, which is a good thing.

1. Just to be sure I haven't missed an easier way to change profiles, it looks like the following is the only way to change profiles:

a. Tap menu from upper left corner.

b. Select Profile.

c. Long press profile name.

Anyway to shorten this process so the change of profile is quicker and takes less steps? (See comment below about profile names on home screen).

2. On the home screen, the name of the profile you are on doesn't appear. While that's not an issue for me, I think sooner or later my wife will tell me she can't find some device or a device won't work and she will be on the wrong profile. There is a possibility to have device with similar names in each profile.

I would suggest having the profile name at the top of the screen after Agave.

3. If the profile name is added to the home page, would it be possible for a swipe to the left to change profiles, or a long press on the profile name?

4. When you add the second profile name, the original profile is automatically named "Main". I haven't found a way to change this name. I think there should be the ability to use a custom name for the original profile.

5. If you loose track of which profile you are on and select profile from main menu, and then try to select the profile you are on ( remember, there is no profile name on any page) nothing happens. Screen should change to the selected profile.

6. This next comment is after setting up a second profile and switching back and forth between the profiles. When you change profiles, the home page is coming up blank with note No Favorites added. Tapping refresh doesn't populate favorites (after connection has been made). You can go to menu, devices and then switch to home page and the device populate correctly. If you select add the device are shown as being on home page.

It appears the home screen only populates on the second reloading of the page after you switch profiles.

These are just initial thoughts since I haven't had much of a chance to try out this update. I will let you know if I notice anything else. Overall, adding the additional profile is good and the program remains very responsive.

Good job.

Dennis

PS:

1. With the ability to add a second profile, I can now see a Schlage door lock. I would like to suggest some color be added to the lock status to give a visual indication of locked versus unlocked. Maybe, red and green?

2. Will you be adding support for the climate module?

Long press should not be necessary. Should just have to click/press the "Add New Profile" button at top of profiles activity.

I have not added ability to change names yet. I'll get that done soon.

I'll get the profile name added to the page title.

I'll look into the favorites issue. The new profile should initially have no favorites. It does not copy anything from previous favorites. If something else is happening please post screen shots and details of what is happening.

Long press should not be necessary. Should just have to click/press the "Add New Profile" button at top of profiles activity.

Wouldn't that only work the very first time you add a new profile? When I added the new profile, I was asked to name it and then taken back to the "Add New Profile" screen. I thought it would have taken me to the set up page for the new profile. To get there, I had to long press the profile name. This would be the same for changing profiles, a long press is required.

I'll look into the favorites issue. The new profile should initially have no favorites. It does not copy anything from previous favorites. If something else is happening please post screen shots and details of what is happening.

Yes, a new profile doesn't have favorites. I indicated this in my write up. When you are switching between profiles AFTER set up, the favorites or home page is empty. Only after the second loading of the home page (without changing profiles) does it populate.

I tried to add responses in line with your comments, but I think it is too hard to read in my prior post. My responses are here.

1. Long press not necessary.

Wouldn't that only work the very first time you add a new profile? When I added the new profile, I was asked to name it and then taken back to the "Add New Profile" screen. I thought it would have taken me to the set up page for the new profile. To get there, I had to long press the profile name. This would be the same for changing profiles, a long press is required.

2. Favorites.

Yes, a new profile doesn't have favorites. I indicated this in my write up. When you are switching between profiles AFTER set up, the favorites or home page is empty. Only after the second loading of the home page (without changing profiles) does it populate. This is happening every time when changing profiles.

I tried to add responses in line with your comments, but I think it is too hard to read in my prior post. My responses are here.

2. Favorites.

Yes, a new profile doesn't have favorites. I indicated this in my write up. When you are switching between profiles AFTER set up, the favorites or home page is empty. Only after the second loading of the home page (without changing profiles) does it populate. This is happening every time when changing profiles.

#2 is not happening to me. When I switch profiles the favorites are correct.

Thanks so much for adding profiles with portal access! So awesome that I can now control my vacation home which can only use the portal :-) Only issue is that it takes a couple minutes to switch back to my master profile.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Favorites.

This #2 happens when I am using portal access. When I am using primary it goes thru all the updating nodes,... Before I can see devices, but on portal it immediately switched but favorites were empty until I changed to another screen in the app then returned to home.

This #2 happens when I am using portal access. When I am using primary it goes thru all the updating nodes,... Before I can see devices, but on portal it immediately switched but favorites were empty until I changed to another screen in the app then returned to home.

This is still happening to me (every time) and I am not using the portal. You can also exit and restart the app and favorites will be there.

This is still happening to me (every time) and I am not using the portal. You can also exit and restart the app and favorites will be there.

The profiles can be used in multiple ways.

1) different users same ISY

2) same user different ISY

3) different user different ISY - essentially same as #2, but whatever.

which do you fall into so i can narrow it down.?

The portals can be used in multiple ways.

1) different users same ISY

2) same user different ISY

3) different user different ISY - essentially same as #2, but whatever.

which do you fall into so i can narrow it down.?

I am not using the portal. I have two ISY's at two different locations. I have one ISY set up with a DDNS name and internal IP address for local. The second ISY only has a DDNS name since I haven't been there to connect locally.

I am not using the portal. I have two ISY's at two different locations. I have one ISY set up with a DDNS name and internal IP address for local. The second ISY only has a DDNS name since I haven't been there to connect locally.

I have been able to recreate the issue.  I'l get to work on fixing it.  Good catch.

I have been able to recreate the issue.  I'l get to work on fixing it.  Good catch.

I will add one more strange behavior to the mix, however, I will caution it only happened one time.

After changing profiles and finding favorites empty, I went to things switches and called my device page. To my surprise the devices shown were the previous profile. Went back to profile page and confirmed I had in fact switched profile but was seeing devices from previous profile.

Exiting the app and restarting it corrected the issue.

I will add one more strange behavior to the mix, however, I will caution it only happened one time.

After changing profiles and finding favorites empty, I went to things switches and called my device page. To my surprise the devices shown were the previous profile. Went back to profile page and confirmed I had in fact switched profile but was seeing devices from previous profile.

Exiting the app and restarting it corrected the issue.

I found this error already and will be out in next release.

I found this error already and will be out in next release.

It turns out sharing preferences between profiles is causing an issue.  On next release the secondary profiles will be moved to separate  preference locations.  This will most likely cause issues with ISY IPs and or addresses.  

What this will allow is custom node naming will no longer be shared between profiles

Each profile with have exclusive setting options in prefs.  

It turns out sharing preferences between profiles is causing an issue.  On next release the secondary profiles will be moved to separate  preference locations.  This will most likely cause issues with ISY IPs and or addresses.  

What this will allow is custom node naming will no longer be shared between profiles

Each profile with have exclusive setting options in prefs.  

Let me know if you require any additional information or some pre-testing before the release.

Release 0.9.6xx  will be out tonight.

lots of fixes.  

pin keyboard go response

new tutorial theme

fixes to favorites initial view on profile switch

correction in nodes queries

updates to profile preference handling

(This may cause secondary profile login settings to be cleared.  Profile will still exist, you will just have to reenter login creds)  One time only.

Added Profile to navigation title (No quick switch yet. still working on that)

Aesthetics

Vertical compression of variable lists would be nice so that more than 2.5 variables on a screen at a time would be nice. I have almost 200 Integer variables so it takes a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom ...LOL  Value and Init side by side maybe?

Some more vertical compression of program lists  would also be nice but not as expanded as variables....minor.

I have made updates to the variables display.  There is now an option in settings to compress the view.  I have also added search/filter to the variables.

I have made updates to the variables display.  There is now an option in settings to compress the view.  I have also added search/filter to the variables.

Thanks! Much nicer. Nice format.

I get 5 variables on one page now. Makes browsing much quicker.

The variable names and "Init" and "Value" nomenclature overlap frequently

The value boxes could be spread some and "Init" "value" be put to the left of each to make room for longer var names on the top line.

The same layout could be used for programs also. Top line, bold,  solely for names as they clash somewhat too on my little Galaxy 4 mini.

Thanks man! This is getting very professional and polished looking. Very smooth too.

Any of you Androidians out there. Highly recommended.

Help encourage this guy to make this even better.

One question. When we spend time customizing scene settings, do these get backed up with Google's backup? If like to know that the work to customize would not be wasted.

Also, have you given any thought to allowing all settings to be saved and restored to and from Google Drive? It would be nice to be able to copy config settings between devices.

Just purchased all access, so looking forward to even greater things! :)

One question. When we spend time customizing scene settings, do these get backed up with Google's backup? If like to know that the work to customize would not be wasted.

Also, have you given any thought to allowing all settings to be saved and restored to and from Google Drive? It would be nice to be able to copy config settings between devices.

Just purchased all access, so looking forward to even greater things! :)

On Android 6.0 and up the backup is done automatically.  I did not have to do anything for that.  It did slip my mind to do it for lower versions so I'll get it in in a few days.  

Archived