Time Zone Wrong After Reboot

MWoods329

This is weird.

I had to move the location of my ISY to a different outlet (just over a few feet so it could be on UPS).

When it gets back up and running, it shows the system time as being ahead by one hour.

The location in System Configuration is still correct, but has the wrong time zone associated with it,.

For example, I'm in Michigan in the Eastern Time zone, which is GMT -5.

The current time in Michigan is 4:56 AM.

The ISY shows Michigan as being in Eastern Time zone, but shows that Eastern time only in Michigan is GMT -4.  All of the other locations in the Eastern Time zone still show GMT-5.

However, the ISY insists on setting the current time as 5:56 AM.

..Hence my alarm going off (lights turning on) an hour ahead of schedule and I have time to do this so early now that everyone is awake.

To make this even stranger, when I click "Locate Me" it shows up as me being in Tennessee.

It's never had this problem before and it has always pinned down my exact location when I clicked that in the past.

I checked all of my computers and router which all reflect the correct time and zone.

Any ideas of how to fix this?  For now, I created a custom location.  But also noticed that the Climate module now has my location as Tennessee as well.  That's causing a problem with my programs that use climate variables already.

This problem sounds very familiar and in the past the problem was identified that the geo location was thrown off because the persons ISP (Public IP address) was indicating a different hop than their actual location.

Google your public IP and determine where on the map it says it thinks your connected to. This problem was supposed to be fixed in the last several firmware builds.

This problem sounds very familiar and in the past the problem was identified that the geo location was thrown off because the persons ISP (Public IP address) was indicating a different hop than their actual location.

Google your public IP and determine where on the map it says it thinks your connected to. This problem was supposed to be fixed in the last several firmware builds.

Or could be related to the issue I brought up and have ;)

I'm on version 4.5.0

My external IP accurately reflects my location in Michigan; right down to the zip code.

There are quite a few options on the list of locations closer to me than Tennessee; Detroit, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin....

Still doesn't make sense why Detroit would be listed as a GMT - 4 when there isn't a single city in the U.S. that's in GMT -4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on version 4.5.0

My external IP accurately reflects my location in Michigan; right down to the zip code.

There are quite a few options on the list of locations closer to me than Tennessee; Detroit, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin....

Still doesn't make sense why Detroit would be listed as a GMT - 4 when there isn't a single city in the U.S. that's in GMT -4.

Seems VERY similar to this thread, which I posted in. Haven't had time to jump through all Michel's hoops to prove there is a problem.

Your not alone, something is awry.

Clock off by one hour after upgrading firmware to v4.4.6

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php?/topic/18832-Clock-off-by-one-hour-after-upgrading-firmware-to-v4%2E4%2E6&share_tid=18832&share_fid=23986&share_type=t

Seems VERY similar to this thread, which I posted in. Haven't had time to jump through all Michel's hoops to prove there is a problem.

Your not alone, something is awry.

Clock off by one hour after upgrading firmware to v4.4.6

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php?/topic/18832-Clock-off-by-one-hour-after-upgrading-firmware-to-v4%2E4%2E6&share_tid=18832&share_fid=23986&share_type=t

It looks like ahwman also has the same issue identical to me and he is in the same area.

You have the option to uncheck DST?

I can't even modify that.

GMT-4 is what's displayed with any east coast location and DST selected - sunset enabling DST adds one during the summer the the -5 that applies in the winter.

All of the other East Coast locations still show GMT -5.

If I manually set myself to one of them it's still GMT -5.

What if you toggle on DST? Central time (where I am) is -5 now, but -6 in the winter. I suspect you have this setting incorrect, as east cost should be -4 at this time of year.

Darn daylight saving! :)

What if you toggle on DST? Central time (where I am) is -5 now, but -6 in the winter. I suspect you have this setting incorrect, as east cost should be -4 at this time of year.

Cant toggle its greyed out. Heres a screenshot. I dont think we are all that dense even though there are people who stay at the "Holiday Inn" ;)

2629a269ccb11f5a3ef660a2817ccfc0.jpg

I'm on version 4.5.0

I forgot, you guys had to buy Alaska and Hawaii to keep up with the Canadian time zone count. :)

We have another one and half time zones east of GMT-5.

I forgot, you guys had to buy Alaska and Hawaii to keep up with the Canadian time zone count. :)

You can have Canada! Your GDP is horrible lol Mexico has a better GDP and they take naps in the afternoon and do everything tomorrow! ;)

You guys have half time zones? Is that because of the exchange rate? :)

You can have Canada! Your GDP is horrible lol Mexico has a better GDP and they take naps in the afternoon and do everything tomorrow! ;)

How am  supposed to make a smart comeback when you use complicated acronyms?

You sure know how to kill a conversation!

:)

All of the other East Coast locations still show GMT -5.

If I manually set myself to one of them it's still GMT -5.

Is Comcast your ISP?  I live in the metro Detroit area. Comcast recently swung our IP address to something completely different:

It was    63.x.x.x

its now  24.x.x.x

They must have done it mid morning as my work vpn went nuts for no reason. When I reversed IP'd it , I showed up as Boston, but now its correct.

My ISY was ok because I used google maps and manually entered the longitude of my property, US and Canada, daylight savings -5

Paul

Cant toggle its greyed out. Heres a screenshot. I dont think we are all that dense even though there are people who stay at the "Holiday Inn" ;)

2629a269ccb11f5a3ef660a2817ccfc0.jpg

The screenshot shows Seattle selected....

Either way, the box is greyed out as long as you have a 'Daylight Saving Rule' selected (which you do - 'US-Canada'). Change this to 'Off' to turn off daylight saving rules altogether to test.

This could also indicate the the date is wrong. Have you confirmed this? Do your sunrise/sunset times make sense?

Have you tried an ISY power cycle? Maybe the DST sets up automatically on reset.

I wonder what Paul uses. We throw stuff back and forth at each other across the Detroit Creek.

EDIT: He reported above.

I hear the ISY power cycle doesn't need much peddling either. :)

Is Comcast your ISP? I live in the metro Detroit area. Comcast recently swung our IP address to something completely different:

It was 63.x.x.x

its now 24.x.x.x

They must have done it mid morning as my work vpn went nuts for no reason. When I reversed IP'd it , I showed up as Boston, but now its correct.

My ISY was ok because I used google maps and manually entered latitude and longitude of my property, US and Canada, daylight savings -5

Paul

Someone with half a brain that actually has a real idea. ;) I have Comcast/XFinity and my IP shows in Bellevue Wa which is close/correct. How do you see what the IP timezone is though to make sure its right? My IP starts with 73.x.x.x - Cant seem to find a site that shows the IP timezone, just location.

Archived