Thermostat Recommendations

BigEfromDaBx

I have my eye on that one and to answer your question I do have z-wave on my ISY994..

i like this one also Honeywell RTH9580WF Wi-Fi

This is the one I grumble about.  I've got 5 of them.  If the voltage fluctuates much, it can drop the wifi connection.  I have a honeywell multizone controller that they are all hooked to.  Some zones work just fine and I've got 2 zones that are funky.  I can move the thermostats around and the problem stays with the zone.  It also only seems to happen in the winter.  Go figure.

On a side note, things I do like about them:

- They aren't round.  I can't stand round.  They look like a more traditional thermostat but look nice and updated not 1980 boxy.  So, I guess I'm saying I like their industrial design much better than other thermostats (both old and nest-like).

- The color background of the lcd can be customized and I can select something like the paint color.  This makes it blend in better and look intentional.

- It can auto switch from heat to cool.  Must have that in Utah where our temperatures swing that much in a day (Spring/Fall).

- Layout is readable and decent.

This is the one I grumble about.  I've got 5 of them.  If the voltage fluctuates much, it can drop the wifi connection.  I have a honeywell multizone controller that they are all hooked to.  Some zones work just fine and I've got 2 zones that are funky.  I can move the thermostats around and the problem stays with the zone.  It also only seems to happen in the winter.  Go figure.

On a side note, things I do like about them:

- They aren't round.  I can't stand round.  They look like a more traditional thermostat but look nice and updated not 1980 boxy.  So, I guess I'm saying I like their industrial design much better than other thermostats (both old and nest-like).

- The color background of the lcd can be customized and I can select something like the paint color.  This makes it blend in better and look intentional.

- It can auto switch from heat to cool.  Must have that in Utah where our temperatures swing that much in a day (Spring/Fall).

- Layout is readable and decent.

A question please?

Does this stat have a feature whereby you can click the current setpoint up/down a few increments and it does a temporary hold at that temperature and then returns the regularly scheduled program in 2 hours or some settable time?

This is without disabling the schedule mode or multiple taps and/or menu shopping.

Which thermostat and how does ISY control it?

I'm using the Honeywell TH8320ZW. I have the ISY enable heat mode below a certain outdoor temperature and apply several different set points at various times throughout the day, if we are home. There is another program to lower the set point if we are away from home. On the cooling side, I only turn cooling off if we leave home, or if an exterior window is opened.

I can also make adjustments and monitor set points from my phone.

Dennis

A question please?

Does this stat have a feature whereby you can click the current setpoint up/down a few increments and it does a temporary hold at that temperature and then returns the regularly scheduled program in 2 hours or some settable time?

This is without disabling the schedule mode or multiple taps and/or menu shopping.

Yes, I think it does have what you are saying.  I can click the up or down arrow and then I can press "permanent hold" or just press "done" and it will do a temporary hold until the selected time (which by default is the next time the system schedule changes).  Note that mine are wifi and not z-wave.

Pics attached (if I do it right).

post-7315-0-93007500-1468462726_thumb.jpg

post-7315-0-09688000-1468462736_thumb.jpg

Virtually all programmable thermostats revert to the scheduled set points at the scheduled time if the set point has been changed.

My Tekmar stats have a programmable time out delay but default to two hours if a tap on the temperature up or down is done. My old HoneyWell non-WiFi stats did the same thing with a two hour default, non settable.

I only use two setpoints per day on cooling so that would all day and not wanted to wait for the next setpoint.

My $29 unit in my shop building waits until the next scheduled time point to fall out of temporary hold.

• 3 months later...

Posts #57, 59, & 64

I use 2441ZTHs directly to ISY, for minor functions.

I use Venstar T7900 for my A/C and some heating via NodeLink/Rpi to ISY

I use various TekMar stats for main hydronic heating but they do not communicate without an additional $1000.00 bridge gadget.

I use CAO Tags for probes, experiemntations and probes.

I use a WC8 Webcontrol board with 1-wire sensors for outside and out building temps and wind speed REST interfaced into ISY. Wind speed is used to compensate chills in the winter by adjusting temps up half a degree C.

hello, need suggestion have hydronic heating, with 8 zones, want install aeon multi sensor in each room, and control all over Ipad or android etc. don't want put thermostat in each room. just sensor. so don't know solution wrote on many forums no body cant give idea. in theory it easy, but maybe some one already did it. it easy if thermostat can read sensor then no problem, but don't know if any thermostat can read remote z wave sensor. please let me know if some one have suggestion. thanks you

Archived