ISP ip and ISY Portal

brain shocker

No. There's a MobiLinc portal exclusively for MobiLinc and an ISY portal for the ISY only. You can use one or the other, but not both. OTOH, MobiLinc, when set up properly should not lose the connection when your ISP change the WAN IP (virtually all ISPs do that). Did you set up MobiLinc to use your LAN IP and forwarded port?

Both MobiLinc portal and ISY portal are reverse-proxies. The ISY connects to the service. You connect to the service. There is no inbound connection to the ISY needed.

If you connect to the ISY directly from MobiLinc (NOT using either portal) then you either need a VPN (recommended!) or you need to expose the ISY inbound to the Internet and port-forward on your router.

You can get a free/cheap dynamic DNS service that will update a DNS entry every time your provider changes your IP address. You'll need this for either the VPN or non-VPN solution.

But with portals, there's no need to expose an inbound port at all.

I use dynamic DNS (in my router), and then configure Mobilinc to use the ddns name. It's worked flawlessly..... No need for either Portal for this to work.

Do you still have to pay for a dynamic dns service to get a ddns name or is everything done through your router?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I think he means his router manages the DDNS service and provides the current IP to the service.  

'Free' depends on the brand of router. Ausus offers the DDNS client in the router, as well registration of a free DDNS name, in the router. 

Paul

Archived