migration to Echo API V2

blakevh

I really like the integration with the Amazon Echo and think that Universal Devices is doing a great job.  The systems works great together and it is just so fun having a voice interface.  The migration to the new Echo V2 skill is well documented and straightforward.

One little suggestion, could we have more than two days notice when we need to migrate from an older system to a new one?  I only received a beta notice a month ago, and now two days before the V1 skill is being retired there is a migrate or lose functionality notice.  The migration was smooth and easy, but I could easily have been on vacation, or even out for the weekend and would have come back to a non-functional system.

Maybe I missed an earlier migration notice?

Thanks, -blake

I think Michel told us they had submitted it something like a month ago - but it's up to Amazon when they make it live, with little or no notice. I don't think there is much UDI could do about this...

I didn't receive any notice  but I may have installed after the notice.

I just wish the remove all devices button was at the top of the page instead of underneath a few hundred lines of devices. It takes a long time to delete that many devices, one at a time, with confirmations. :(

One little suggestion, could we have more than two days notice when we need to migrate from an older system to a new one?  I only received a beta notice a month ago, and now two days before the V1 skill is being retired there is a migrate or lose functionality notice.  The migration was smooth and easy, but I could easily have been on vacation, or even out for the weekend and would have come back to a non-functional system.

The old version is not available for download/enabling, but that does not disable the version already installed. Your system would have continued to function B)

Archived