Cannot retrieve programs: Could no open config file to read

DaveYHZ

Automatic upgrades appear only if there's an official release that's later than the version that you're currently using. What do you mean that you can't upgrade manually. Can you be more specific?

Hi Michel;

This is the second brand new PLM this month.

It can't be dead.

There must be something else.

Could it be a faulty network cable?

It's rare to have multiple PLMs fail.

Is it possible that you have some type of electrical interference on your powerline. Do you have a long extension cord that would allow you to plug the PLM into a different circuit?

I've plugged the PLM into a few different spots with no success

I do notice the power and RX ISY LEDs are constantly lit

Could it be there's something wrong with my ISY?

It also takes quite a while for the ISY GUI to pop up.

The splash screen is there but hangs for about a minute.

When the GUI does come up it's very slow and laggy, often not responding to any clicks then clicking through all previous clicks (I hope that makes sense)

Anybody have any other guesses?

I've plugged the PLM into a few different spots with no success

I do notice the power and RX ISY LEDs are constantly lit

Could it be there's something wrong with my ISY?

It also takes quite a while for the ISY GUI to pop up.

The splash screen is there but hangs for about a minute.

When the GUI does come up it's very slow and laggy, often not responding to any clicks then clicking through all previous clicks (I hope that makes sense)

Anybody have any other guesses?

Do the leds match any of those on the troubleshooting chart below?

You also might want to try reseating the ISY SD card. Be sure to remove power from the ISY before removing / inserting the SD card

post-3279-0-20703300-1477097506_thumb.jpg

Still no improvement.

I understand everything points to a faulty PLM but again this is three in a month. No power surges or any disruptions.

The GUI is still slow to load. RX is still on solid.

Aside from sending another PLM back and starting again with another one I don't know where to look.

Er, three PLMs?  Yeah, I'd agree that it's probably not the PLM.

So, how about the cable?  Head off to Best Buy or Walmart, and get a new network cable to use between the PLM and the ISY.  And take a flashlight and check inside the female connectors for the serial cable -- might it be that there's a bit of stuff that got shoved in there that's preventing one of the pins from making contact (yes, that happens -- I'm embarrassed to say I spent an hour and disassembled much of a device a couple of weeks ago, just to find one of those little plastic "Made in Taiwan" stickers had ended up stuck in the female connector)

Might it be the ISY?  You haven't swapped that - and I think there's probably more debugging to do before you go there - but that's another thing in common that needs to be checked out.  For that, the best thing to do is to do as stusviews suggests above - avail yourself of UDI's excellent tech support.

I've switched the network cables a few times. No luck.

I can check to see if theres any physical issue in the serial port itself.

I've sent a tech request.

I hope to get this issue resolved this week.

Thank you everyone who posted possible fixes.

Any last minute cures are still welcome.

Drew

Archived