Remotelinc On/Off does not work

ggodding

I have a problem with the Remotelinc 2440 buttons not sending on/off commands. If you hold button the down it will brighten/dim the linked insteon device. When I first added remote linc, everything worked OK except buttons 4 and 6 (which had the on/off problem). I then removed the device from ISY, did a factory reset on the remotelinc. On/Off then stopped working for all buttons.

The all off/all on buttons work as expected for the linked devices.

My setup is using 6 scenes, making a remotelinc button a controller in each scene and setting the other devices as responders.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Hello ggodding,

Yes, I have seen this problem very many times. In most cases, factory reset fixes this issue but in some cases only a replacement will fix it. i2 problems do exacerbate the issue.

My first question is: what version of ISY firmware do you have? If 2.6.8 and below, then I strongly recommend getting a replacement. If not, then I recommend the following:

1. Remove your RL from ISY

2. Do a factory reset on it

3. Link Management -> Advanced Options -> i1 Only Mode

4. Add back the RL to ISY

5. Link Management -> Advanced Options -> Automatic

6. Try adding it to a scene

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a problem with the Remotelinc 2440 buttons not sending on/off commands. If you hold button the down it will brighten/dim the linked insteon device. When I first added remote linc, everything worked OK except buttons 4 and 6 (which had the on/off problem). I then removed the device from ISY, did a factory reset on the remotelinc. On/Off then stopped working for all buttons.

The all off/all on buttons work as expected for the linked devices.

My setup is using 6 scenes, making a remotelinc button a controller in each scene and setting the other devices as responders.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Archived