Light not Registering

nolan11

Hello, I recently had to replace my PLM, I have a program setup to turn on certain lights at dusk. One of the lights is my 1st floor hallway lights.

They do turn on to dimmed. However, when I physically go to the wall switch to turn them on brighter, the little led lights go all the way up on the switch but the lights do not get any brighter. I then try to turn them off just to see if it works and the led lights on the switch go all the way down, but again the lights stay at the state there were when the program turned them on. I have tried other lights that were turned on by the program and I am able to adjust them with the switch. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

It sounds like an issue with the switch itself

Most insteon light switches have a little tab at the bottom that is both a 'set' button, as well as an 'air gap'. Air gap is the way to temporarily cut power to the switch, essentially 'rebooting' it without changing its settings.

Pull the little tab out, wait a few seconds, and then push it gently back to the position it was in. Try your test again

Paul 

I dont think its the switch itself as I have multiple switches downstairs that control those same hallway lights. All the switches do the same thing. I am using LED bulbs. Understand though, I have never had this problem before and its only on the hallway lights. All of my other lights work fine. I am not sure what specific switch it is, but I do know its the Insteon dual band dimmer switch.

Should I just delete it and reprogram it? If I do, do I have to delete and reprogram each switch that controls those lights or just one of them?

I dont think its the switch itself as I have multiple switches downstairs that control those same hallway lights. All the switches do the same thing. I am using LED bulbs. Understand though, I have never had this problem before and its only on the hallway lights. All of my other lights work fine. I am not sure what specific switch it is, but I do know its the Insteon dual band dimmer switch.

Should I just delete it and reprogram it? If I do, do I have to delete and reprogram each switch that controls those lights or just one of them?

No.

Do what Paul suggested as the easy road and if that doesn't work, try more complex things.

Insteon cannot do what you describe, only internal switch defects.

Ok I tried what Paul said but it did not work, let me explain whats going on a little more in detail.

I have 5 Insteon dual band dimmer switches (2477D) that controls my down stairs hallway lights. Recently 4 of the switches stopped working, if I go up to the switches and turn it on, nothing happens. Only one switch actually works. 

​Its almost like the other 4 switches don't even exist. But I do see them in my ISY. However, when I try and turn that specific switch on via by hand, by app, or from my ISY it does not work.

I have no idea why the other 4 switches will not work. Any suggestions?

Archived