Keypad Communications Error

boots

I have been wrestling with communication errors while making changes to my keypads.  I initially thought it was the location of the keypad, but, I've since purchased range extenders and replaced the keypad and the issue remains on more than one keypad.  The keypads seem to respond fine to the range extenders in test mode and will work fine once updates make it to them successfully, but I'm constantly performing a painstaking work-around.  The only method I've found successful is to cycle the key that drives the load, then send the write updates command.  This will typically allow a few commands to get through successfully before failing again.  Once it fails, it will continue to fail until I cycle the key on the keypad again.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jeff

post-531-0-00491500-1478004927_thumb.png

I have been wrestling with communication errors while making changes to my keypads.  I initially thought it was the location of the keypad, but, I've since purchased range extenders and replaced the keypad and the issue remains on more than one keypad.  The keypads seem to respond fine to the range extenders in test mode and will work fine once updates make it to them successfully, but I'm constantly performing a painstaking work-around.  The only method I've found successful is to cycle the key that drives the load, then send the write updates command.  This will typically allow a few commands to get through successfully before failing again.  Once it fails, it will continue to fail until I cycle the key on the keypad again.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Did you initially link the keypads to the ISY using the ISY linking option?

Run an ISY diagnostics / compare link tables on one of your keypads.  Let me know if it shows any mismatched link tables.

Do you have any electronics such as power supplies, UPS, TV's etc on the same circuit as the PLM?

How old is your PLM

Turns out PLM 8 years old, so I'll try replacing this and reporting back.  Strange its just the 6 keypads though.  Thanks for your advice.

Be sure to exactly follow the replace PLM instructions in the UDI Wiki.  DO NOT do a delete modem.

Archived