Release 2.6.14 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Hmmm. Communication reliability seems better, but the logic assessment for some of my programs seems busted.

For example:

If

Control 'Living Room - Button C' is switched On

And 'Living Room Flag 1' is False

And 'Living Room Flag 2' is True

And From Sunset

To Sunrise (Next Day)

Then ...

In this case, Flag 1 is listed as False, Flag 2 as True, it is after sunset (a small program to have the ISY check the time indicates that the ISY thinks that it is between sunset and sunrise). Click Living Room - Button C and nothing happens. The ISY Event Viewer reports:

2009/01/26 18:17:13 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 0F.1A.28 00.00.05 CB 11 00 LTONRR (00)

The program should evaluate to True, but it does not.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Just an update.

I have a variety of locations in the house where I have programmed a KPL button to "cycle scenes", turning on a bunch of lights in an area to 100% on the first click, 75% on the second click, 50% on the third, and then back up to 100% on the fourth click. My previous post includes an example of one of the programs that controls these actions. I used the example from the wiki:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... ugh_Scenes

as my guide for creating these scenes.

They all worked perfectly (except for communications issues) prior to .14, now none of them work. Click once and all of the lights in the scene will turn up to 100%. Subsequent clicks do nothing.

I think that something has become busted in how the ISY evaluates programs as being true.

Cheers!

Hi Gary, what's your KPL's firmware version. Are you sure you are using the automatic mode?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

Ok, I did what you suggested and the led brightness buton did reappear as an option on the admin console. But when I try clicking the button it just gives me the message Error Request Failed. Thanks for your help.

Gary

Hello Gary,

Please do be kind to:

1. Go to Link Management->Advanced Options->Automatic (please do not change this)

2. Since ISY uses the firmware version to figure out what to do with the brightness, you will have to link it using Link Management->Start Linking simply because (apparently in your case), your KPL is not reporting its firmware version

Unfortunately, we are not going to do anything with EZxx till we have a fully functional and official 2.7 release out. The amount of complexity which EZxx integration adds to test/regression testing is currently too high to even consider.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi

I loaded version 2.6.14 and all went fine. I noticed that I2 to the EZIO4O still will not work and therefore no access to the timmers. The ISY detected the I2 engine but communications failed using I2 and reverted back to I1. Also the LED Dimmer for the 2486D Keypadlink is still not functioning. In fact if I remove and relink it the LED Brightness option disappears compleatly. The ISY now shows v.00 rather than v.2D as it did before relinking.

Was just wondering if these are still outstanding issues or if I need to do something different.

Thanks all

Gary

Hi Robert,

If restore does not fix/cleanup the issues the we do have major problems! Please do make sure you use Link Management->Advanced Option->Automatic and try restore. If still they are not identical then please do let me know the type of device and firmware version.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Thank you for the update.

I have some questions about the device links compare feature. So far I did a compare on three devices. All show some amount of extra records, one shows record mismatch.

What is the best way to correct these issues? I tried a restore device on one but had the same results.

Thanks

Hi and thank you for the nice tool but I also have many such links and I belive there should be none a device restore does not clear the problem do we need to do a reset and then restore or will you be kind to give a clean up tool or the option to clean

Regards

Robert

If restore does not fix/cleanup the issues the we do have major problems! Please do make sure you use Link Management->Advanced Option->Automatic and try restore. If still they are not identical then please do let me know the type of device and firmware version.

I am set to automatic here. Just to test the fuction, I took the 1st device in my list (a SwitchLinc Relay v.2C) and read the device table links (came up with 4). I ran a compare and the ISY shows 3 (marked the last one as an 'extra record'. BUT that last one is:

[Extra record] 0FE0 : 00 06 09.92.84 00 1F 01

Doesn't the 00 mean it's a 'deleted' record?

I then right-clicked and restored the device, and the table does not change - it still shows that 4th record.

If I am correct and that is a deleted record, perhaps in the link table when doing a comparison the gui should mark it as 'deleted - ignore' or something similar.

I think I know the problem: we just added the feature that allows the query to query the status of the buttons and this may have had an adverse impact. Let us check it out and will get back to you.

I have a few programs that run based on the press of a KPL secondary, such as:

If

Control 'FoyerControls1H' is switched Off

Then

Set Scene 'MasterBedAreaAll' Off

Set Scene 'Floor2All' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

These still seem to be working fine here.

Let me know if I can try to duplicate the issue here.

Hi Mike,

Good point. 00 means end of database so everything beyond that field should be ignored.

22 means logically deleted (can be used for other links).

Will make the recommended changes.

With kind regards,

Michel

I am set to automatic here. Just to test the fuction, I took the 1st device in my list (a SwitchLinc Relay v.2C) and read the device table links (came up with 4). I ran a compare and the ISY shows 3 (marked the last one as an 'extra record'. BUT that last one is:

[Extra record] 0FE0 : 00 06 09.92.84 00 1F 01

Doesn't the 00 mean it's a 'deleted' record?

I then right-clicked and restored the device, and the table does not change - it still shows that 4th record.

If I am correct and that is a deleted record, perhaps in the link table when doing a comparison the gui should mark it as 'deleted - ignore' or something similar.

Michel,

I have the extra record problem where a restore does not fix it. Also there is an additional problem where the compare function is marking records as '[Extra Record]' when they are not. See below.

Regards,

Wayne

Device links --> Start

compare1.jpg

Compare

compare2.jpg

Restore Device --> Device links --> Start --> Compare

compare3.jpg

I think I know the problem: we just added the feature that allows the query to query the status of the buttons and this may have had an adverse impact. Let us check it out and will get back to you.

I have a few programs that run based on the press of a KPL secondary, such as:

If

Control 'FoyerControls1H' is switched Off

Then

Set Scene 'MasterBedAreaAll' Off

Set Scene 'Floor2All' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

These still seem to be working fine here.

Let me know if I can try to duplicate the issue here.

Hi Michael and Michel,

I don't think the problem is with the KPL buttons. I have other simpler programs like the example Michael listed that are attached to KPL buttons and don't exhibit any problems.

I think the problem is with the multipart IF statement. It should be evaluating to true, but it is evaluating as false. There were never any problems prior to this.

If it is a problem with the KPL button, then perhaps it is with how the ISY is interpreting the button push. I don't know how to interpret the status code that I posted previously.

Cheers!

to_lighter,

I think the problem is that sunrise/sunset have not been evaluated. Would you be kind enough to go to program summary and force a Run(if) .. ? Please do let me know the outcome.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I have a very simple program that I used to test this:

If

From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

Then

(blank)

Else

(blank)

This program evaluates to true.

The first click of the button works properly. Subsequent clicks do not. This is true throughout my house. Never had this problem prior to .14.

Cheers!

I'm having issues updating. I'm on a Mac (PowerPC, OS 10.5) and I've tried with both FireFox and Safari. I searched this forum and found some stuff on updating issues... I've tried clearing the Java cache and I don't have any firewall on my computer.

I keep getting both of these messages while updating (and not always at the same point)

Upgrade Failed: Invalid Length

Upgrade Failed :java.io.IOException: Broken pipe

thanks!

I currently have v2.6.13

to_lighter,

I think the best thing to do would be for us to connect to your ISY remotely and see what's going on. I have gone through all the possible test cases and they all work fine; there is something that does not evaluate to true and that's where all the problems lie.

sk8er02,

Which URL are you using to upgrade your ISY? Are you using http://www.universal-devices.com/99i? If not, please do give it a try. If yes, then please try the direct URL from ISY and let me know. If all fails, please do be kind enough to enable remote access and then call our tech support so that we can inspect it remotely.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel hi

According to the isy the version is v.2D. On the KLP I only found a rev number (1.66). Yes am definitely using automatic. When I click on the led brightness button the error window comes up and nothing is see on the event viewer (3) being sent from the isy.

Thanks Gary

Hi Gary, what's your KPL's firmware version. Are you sure you are using the automatic mode?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

Ok, I did what you suggested and the led brightness buton did reappear as an option on the admin console. But when I try clicking the button it just gives me the message Error Request Failed. Thanks for your help.

Gary

Hello Gary,

Please do be kind to:

1. Go to Link Management->Advanced Options->Automatic (please do not change this)

2. Since ISY uses the firmware version to figure out what to do with the brightness, you will have to link it using Link Management->Start Linking simply because (apparently in your case), your KPL is not reporting its firmware version

Unfortunately, we are not going to do anything with EZxx till we have a fully functional and official 2.7 release out. The amount of complexity which EZxx integration adds to test/regression testing is currently too high to even consider.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi

I loaded version 2.6.14 and all went fine. I noticed that I2 to the EZIO4O still will not work and therefore no access to the timmers. The ISY detected the I2 engine but communications failed using I2 and reverted back to I1. Also the LED Dimmer for the 2486D Keypadlink is still not functioning. In fact if I remove and relink it the LED Brightness option disappears compleatly. The ISY now shows v.00 rather than v.2D as it did before relinking.

Was just wondering if these are still outstanding issues or if I need to do something different.

Thanks all

Gary

Ok so far restored remotelink and every time 1 extra link left

Device Links Table : MasterBedroom:Remote-1 / A 21 53 1

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

2nd device keypad link restored 2 extra links left tried 3 times to restore same prob ver2486d v.2c as per isy

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

If the extra links start with 0 or 22 you can safely ignore them. i.e.

0x0FF8 0x00 ....

0X0FF0 0x22 ...

You can safely ignore the above two.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok so far restored remotelink and every time 1 extra link left

Device Links Table : MasterBedroom:Remote-1 / A 21 53 1

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

2nd device keypad link restored 2 extra links left tried 3 times to restore same prob ver2486d v.2c as per isy

Regards

Robert

On a lighter note:

I reinstalled my I/O Linc this evening and was pleased to see the menu for the "Set Options" which is the same for the Sensor as it is for the Relay.

Now for the clarification(s):

I understand the Timeout (Seconds) and Save...BUT What is:

□ Program Lock

□ Relay Follows Input

□ Send X10 Send ON(or OFF)

□ Trigger OFF

□ LED on TX

□ Momentary: A

□ Momentary: Look at Sensor

□ Momentary: Both

What does checking (or unchecking) the box on each one of these options do for the relay and for the sensor?

Joe

Quick question.

Smarthome is replacing 8 of my Icon dimmer swtiches with Insteon Switchlinc Dimmers for a $5 upgrade since they are out of Icons. I'm impressed since they are 3 years old, but it is related to the microswitch issue.

My question is are these new switchlincs the v4 ones everyone complains about? Will this revision support the new switches and is that what people talk about by i2 or is that for particular devices.

Also, I think I read in here somewhere that I'm still out of luck with my EZIO stuff.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so very much. Would you be kind enough to let me know how to reproduce it? I just changed the name of devices/scenes and the associated membership nodes got updated immediately.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

A tiny issue, hope they are all this small :)

When you rename a device the interface doesn't update the same name in the membership box until you move focus to another device and back again.

Wayne

Hi Joe,

I am so very glad you were pleased. First of all, it seems that the lockup bug (0,0) has not been fixed. So, if you encounter it, please do be kind enough to send me a screenshot before rebooting. This has to do with the PLM having a spike which throws ISY off and ISY cannot recover from.

Now, as far as IOLinc, unfortunately I really do not know what these options mean. Some of the options are in the quick start guide (momentary mode, etc.) but others are just those I took out of the API docs. I would be very interested if anyone could enlighten all of us as to what these options mean.

With kind regards,

Michel

On a lighter note:

I reinstalled my I/O Linc this evening and was pleased to see the menu for the "Set Options" which is the same for the Sensor as it is for the Relay.

Now for the clarification(s):

I understand the Timeout (Seconds) and Save...BUT What is:

□ Program Lock

□ Relay Follows Input

□ Send X10 Send ON(or OFF)

□ Trigger OFF

□ LED on TX

□ Momentary: A

□ Momentary: Look at Sensor

□ Momentary: Both

What does checking (or unchecking) the box on each one of these options do for the relay and for the sensor?

Joe

Archived