Insteon Siren?

mmoore99

Does the ISY994i work with the Insteon siren, part number 2868-222. I didn't see it in the pull down list of Insteon devices. If not supported, is there another siren that would work?

Unfortunately NO. However it will most likely be supported in the ISY version 5.x firmware release.

Does the ISY994i work with the Insteon siren, part number 2868-222. I didn't see it in the pull down list of Insteon devices. If not supported, is there another siren that would work?

The Aeon Gen5 siren is currently supported.

No.

Both the 2867-222 Alert Module and 2868-222 Siren Module are not supported at the present time.

I understand the Alert Module will be in the 5.? Firmware. I would think the Siren Module would also be in the 5.0?

I did try adding my Siren Module with the Start Linking method. I got the "Failed To Add Device Reason 1" as expected.

I believe the Aeon Gen5 siren is Z-Wave so you would have to have a Z-Wave option ISY Interface.

I have seen posts. They do have information but it will not be added until a version of 5 is released.

Do you have a link that indicates that UDI has the API?

Do you have a link that indicates that UDI has the API?

I don't recall which thread it was but Michel noted they will not include support for Alert Module in the 4.XX branch. As I understand it they believe there is only two more Alpha trials to go before 5.XX goes into Beta.

It was stated 4.XX branch has come to the end and they really wanted to move forward with all the extra features of 5.XX. As always what that means in human (time) terms could be anyone's guess.

As 5.XX has been going on for more than two years . . .

I don't recall which thread it was but Michel noted they will not include support for Alert Module in the 4.XX branch. As I understand it they believe there is only two more Alpha trials to go before 5.XX goes into Beta.

It was stated 4.XX branch has come to the end and they really wanted to move forward with all the extra features of 5.XX. As always what that means in human (time) terms could be anyone's guess.

As 5.XX has been going on for more than two years . . .

Since UDI is now in 5.0.7 and Chris has indicated only 5.0.x, that leaves .8 and. 9 so hopefully moving forward afterwards.

It's only logical.

I'm Gary Funk. Pay no attention to this message.

I don't disagree, but nothing in that link specifies that UDI has the API for either the Alert Module or the Siren unless the firmware (which is mentioned) is equivalent to the API (which is not mentioned).

I don't disagree, but nothing in that link specifies that UDI has the API for either the Alert Module or the Siren unless the firmware (which is mentioned) is equivalent to the API (which is not mentioned).

Post 13 & 16 from both Michel and Chris allude to the fact they do have the API. But will not incorporate the Alert Module into the 4.XX branch.

Regarding the Insteon Siren I don't pretend to know if the API is completely different or the same. No mention from the UDI team has indicated when this new module will be supported or where. If I was to guess it too will be included into the 5.XX branch as 4.XX will be deprecated moving forward.

Post 13 & 16 from both Michel and Chris allude to the fact they do have the API. But will not incorporate the Alert Module into the 4.XX branch.

Regarding the Insteon Siren I don't pretend to know if the API is completely different or the same. No mention from the UDI team has indicated when this new module will be supported or where. If I was to guess it too will be included into the 5.XX branch as 4.XX will be deprecated moving forward.

Neither post specifically mentions or even alludes to the API. Post #9 mentions the "firmware" so I'll ask again, is the firmware equivalent to the API?

Neither post specifically mentions or even alludes to the API. Post #9 mentions the "firmware" so I'll ask again, is the firmware equivalent to the API?

The API & Firmware are not the same when speaking about this topic. The firmware UDI states in that specific thread pertains to the ISY which contains the API commands to include the Alert Module.

As you correctly noted there has been no mention in any forum thread that UDI has obtained the API for the newly released Insteon siren to include it the ISY firmware.

Clear as mud?

The API & Firmware are not the same when speaking about this topic. The firmware UDI states in that specific thread pertains to the ISY which contains the API commands to include the Alert Module.

As you correctly noted there has been no mention in any forum thread that UDI has obtained the API for the newly released Insteon siren to include it the ISY firmware.

Clear as mud?

Thanks for the confirmation B)

LOL ... I am "juat" ashamed of myself! I took a lot of pride in being considered a bot!!!With kind regards,Michel

I have to admit.

I looked the word up in as many language dictionaries (Spanish slang?..nope), as I could find, and couldn't think of a better way to bot tle it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived