How do you correlate the group broadcast address to a scene

cwagner2401

I have a scene (#622) that I can see the group broadcast address is 00.00.2E when I look at event viewer.  However if I want to look at a device link table and I see 2E as the group number, how do I correlate 2E with a scene?

I'm trying to discover how I can look at a device links table and find what scenes the device will respond to.

Thanks for any insight.

I have a scene (#622) that I can see the group broadcast address is 00.00.2E when I look at event viewer.  However if I want to look at a device link table and I see 2E as the group number, how do I correlate 2E with a scene?

I'm trying to discover how I can look at a device links table and find what scenes the device will respond to.

Thanks for any insight.

Run a topology report (tools | Generate topology). The report is full of info including, at the bottom of the report,  exactly what you're looking for.

I'm sure I'm showing my lack of knowledge on this subject here so please excuse my noob line of questioning, the screen that appears when I go to Programs|Summary lists programs, not scenes. Those hex IDs at the right appear to me to be Program IDs not scene IDs.

Pull down the help menu and find Event Viewer. Set at level 3.

Thanks so much for all of your replies.  We kinda came full circle to my original post so I'm thinking that there is no way to easily correlate a group b'cast addr in a device link table to a scene.  If UDI are following this post, I would like to suggest simply placing the b'cast address in the scene title block along with the scene number.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for all of your replies.  We kinda came full circle to my original post so I'm thinking that there is no way to easily correlate a group b'cast addr in a device link table to a scene.  If UDI are following this post, I would like to suggest simply placing the b'cast address in the scene title block along with the scene number.

Thanks again!

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, why do you want to monitor group broadcasts.  There may be other options.

Techman, 

I want to be able to look at any device link table and when I see a group address, be able to easily identify what scene it's associated with.  When I started this thread I was troubleshooting a problem where a scene was controlling a device but, the device wasn't in the ISY scene.  I went to the device table in the device and saw a few groups but, since I didn't know what group address the scene was I couldn't see if the offending link was there very easily.  I had to go to the ISY console and send an ON command via the scene and then look at event viewer to see what address the scene sent.  It would be a whole lot easier if the address were listed in the scene's title block so it shows on the ISY console as well as in reports.

Thanks

Under tools | diagnostics there's a scene test option which turns the scene on and off and opens up a level 3 diagnostic window with the command details.

It also provides a list of devices controlled by the scene.

This probably doesn't accomplish exactly what you're looking for but this is the only other tool I'm aware of that might help you out.

Archived