DAlter01

Just so I understand in case of future issue, if I used a dual band device to couple my phases wouldn't I use up some (or one) of my hops?  With a large house wouldn't the risk of running out of hops potenitally be an issue where using the hard wired phase coupler allow me the freedom of using that hop or hops for reaching the devices by RF when/if the power line connection failed/had noise, etc.?

Just so I understand in case of future issue, if I used a dual band device to couple my phases wouldn't I use up some (or one) of my hops? With a large house wouldn't the risk of running out of hops potenitally be an issue where using the hard wired phase coupler allow me the freedom of using that hop or hops for reaching the devices by RF when/if the power line connection failed/had noise, etc.?

No, there would be no loss in hops. To add more clarification to what Stu noted between the 2406H vs any dual band device.

Any and all dual band device repeats and strengthens the Insteon signal.

By rebroadcasting the original message. The 2406H simply passes the original message as is even if it's weak and offers no rebroadcast.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have sometimes trouble adding Zwave devices because they are too far from ISY, I have resolved this by connecting  the ISY to one of my Google WiFi pods and then move both close to the device.

Anyway I strongly recommend Google Wifi to anyone that currently uses one or more extenders and who suffers from slow speeds further away from the main router. 

Archived