What did you do today?

Scottmichaelj

So one of my Italian Greyhounds is having issues seeing at nite. So I put a ZWave Aeotec Multi-sensor and a led strip under the dresser. So now when they get up it automatically turns on so they can see. Then auto off. Nothing groundbreaking here just trying to make it easier on my girls.

b5859aec2fc7e481540c05fa11b5f839.jpg

What spectrum do dogs see by? UV or iR? You may want to cater to colours at that end of the spectrum although most LEDs very narrow band monochromatic. It still may help and be less annoying to human eyes in the dark.

Not sure, but good point. The "color" shown isn't the actual color I use, which is just "cool white" (of course)!

Ordered 10 more "mini" UFO LED controllers on eBay and got them today. 10 for $10each ($100 total) with the remote, US seller so they came within a week!

be0de30299d4bf42acf915a1dd0fbbe6.jpg

Nice! Looks like SuperNight is another name for Magic Home, along with LEDenet.

I have a dozen LEDenet strips, PS and controllers sitting in a box now, I need to do something with. The PS amd controllers can be hard to hide behind curtains and windows.

Nice! Looks like SuperNight is another name for Magic Home, along with LEDenet.

I have a dozen LEDenet strips, PS and controllers sitting in a box now, I need to do something with. The PS amd controllers can be hard to hide behind curtains and windows.

So this specific seller has "SuperNight" which was the "name" of the LED 4in1 strips. At the end of the day its all the same stuff just another brand sticker stuck on it. I bought one of these mini LED controllers to test and they work exactly like the "Magic UFOs" but much smaller, and bc they are so small they ca. work pretty much anywhere. I documented the size etc in my RGBW thread before.

I also looks up the dog vision. Looks like Blue and Yellows they can see well with other colors coming in grey or white. So "Mr Cool White" it is for me.

• 2 weeks later...

what led light strips do you use?

See previous post = "SuperNight" or many other rebranded ones.

Scott got some four colour RGBW strips. We call him "Mr. Cool White" .

Others use RGB plus WarmWhite alternating LED types. 5050 style

IP65 are bare PCB strips but when it comes time to wipe grease off them, they may not survive.

IP66 are epoxy coated and sealed boards with sticky on back that just falls off after some ON heat.

IP67 are silicone tube (rectangular cross-section) totally sealed, take dual screw silicone clamps.

Scott got some metal tracks for his.

Look for another thread on RGBW LED strips for photos and more info.

See previous post = "SuperNight" or many other rebranded ones.

Scott got some four colour RGBW strips. We call him "Mr. Cool White" .

Others use RGB plus WarmWhite alternating LED types. 5050 style

IP65 are bare PCB strips but when it comes time to wipe grease off them, they may not survive.

IP66 are epoxy coated and sealed boards with sticky on back that just falls off after some ON heat.

IP67 are silicone tube (rectangular cross-section) totally sealed, take dual screw silicone clamps.

Scott got some metal tracks for his.

Look for another thread on RGBW LED strips for photos and more info.

Thanks, a lot of good info to digest.  I assume the controllers above can be used as to send commands via network resources?  Also what methods do you guys use for a physical interface, I find that fiddling with a phone is too cumbersome.  

I found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERNIGHT-16-4FT-5M-5050-SMD-Waterproof-LED-Strip-Light-300LEDs-RGBW-Changing-/252076181155?epid=1550875039&hash=item3ab0e946a3:g:4JMAAOSwgQ9V5SMi

I assume these are digital leds that can have "color zones"?

Thanks, a lot of good info to digest. I assume the controllers above can be used as to send commands via network resources? Also what methods do you guys use for a physical interface, I find that fiddling with a phone is too cumbersome.

I found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERNIGHT-16-4FT-5M-5050-SMD-Waterproof-LED-Strip-Light-300LEDs-RGBW-Changing-/252076181155?epid=1550875039&hash=item3ab0e946a3:g:4JMAAOSwgQ9V5SMi

I assume these are digital leds that can have "color zones"?

I detailed all the info in the thread Larry linked to. Lets keep this on topic to cool things you did for the day. Can be anything you want.

Edit: Here my my personal link and details.

Magic UFO Controller for RGBW

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=23986&share_tid=19913&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Euniversal-devices%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F19913-Magic-UFO-Controller-for-RGBW&share_type=t

• 4 weeks later...

I completed a week long backpacking trip with my adult daughter Nicky on Isle Royale National Park in Lake Superior. An incredible, remote, get away from it all kind of place. There isn't cell service or internet.

If you're interested, you can follow these links to see more.

Pictures

Trip Report

Paul

Looked at your other post. Impressive my friend, very impressive. Even better are the memories you and you daughter(s) will have of the trip(s) and spending quality time with their dad. Wish there were more parents like you in this world.

And I built the entire Backend of Scott's new website in two hours. Thank Adobe for buying ColdFusion and making it a great product. RAD doesn't even to begin to describe how fast development is with ColdFusion.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And I built the entire Backend of Scott's new website in two hours. Thank Adobe for buying ColdFusion and making it a great product. RAD doesn't even to begin to describe how fast development is with ColdFusion.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And he did it while I was at lunch at "The Shop"

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/look-inside-shop-new-hangout-car-geeks-rolled-seattle-tech-restaurant-vets/

9501f474d3d35cd2d08c8052e45752a8.jpg

36389920c9bada560e814e1e8b6b31ed.jpg

Neither does California but that's a whole Nother subject and we digress as always Also we have "Black Bears" not brown bears but thats probably not politically correct.

ROFL. 

Somebody told me your ISY swallowed you whole, or some drone took you away.  I was beginning to wonder.

Well, just today passed the second of three planned InfoSec security professional certifications.

Passed the Cloud Security Alliances CCSK two weeks ago, and this morning passed the ISC2 CCSP. Pretty stoked. Will be working on the CISSP next...

I've been working in InfoSec for nearly 8 years, and IT for my whole career. It's about time I had some relevant certifications... :)

I got an RMA for a defective Philips Iris bulb. Not really any questions asked but the being passed around and being on hold for over 30 minutes was a PITA.

It's not a Hue bulb without a 929 number, so I got passed to another department who identified the model number and wanted to pass me back to the Hue department again....yuk! 

The bulb is about 1 year old and it just quit. My suspicion is the wallwart style 24vdc power supply as it runs cold as steel. I guess I won't be needing to crack it open and practice my electronics skills this time.

I got an RMA for a defective Philips Iris bulb. Not really any questions asked but the being passed around and being on hole for over 30 minutes was a PITA.

It's not a Hue bulb without a 929 number, so I got passed to another department who identified the model number and wanted to pass me back to the Hue department again....yuk!

The bulb is about 1 year old and it just quit. My suspicion is the wallwart style 24vdc power supply runs cold as steel. I guess I won;t be needing to crack it open and practice my electronics skills this time.

Larry,

I believe you may have the most Hue bulbs on the forum / in the world

I like them but Philips says not for use in recessed or enclosed fixtures. What gives? I want them in cans! They sell a BR30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry,

I believe you may have the most Hue bulbs on the forum / in the world

I like them but Philips says not for use in recessed or enclosed fixtures. What gives? I want them in cans! They sell a BR30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't follow the quantity thing. I didn't mention any quantities???

I have two BR30 bulbs in ceiling pot lights but I would trade them for MiLIght bulbs in a heartbeat. These are expensive junk and not capable doing real blue or green at all. This is the same with my two other Hue bulb formats. Extremely poor product for the huge price tag.

Hue bulbs originally only had three LEDs, and with a combination of colours to do all the white colour temperatures, were not capable of doing the colours mentioned above.

The bulb I sent back had four RGBW LEDs and did all the colour if you don't mind a 10" diameter sphere for a lamp, with only 120 lumens of output. I believe the Hue LED strips produce good colour too but with an extremely high price tag.

I had to get a Costco BR40 replaced some months back, and in examining the dates I wrote on the other BR40 bulbs, I burned my hand on the outer shell of the bulb.  I doubt these LED bulbs will last long in an insulated ceiling with no place for the heat to go. They get almost as hot as an incandescent bulb.

I have adjusted my programs to only turn them on to about 90% now. Manually I can override that from the SwitchLincs, if I need to.

Archived