Adding a 2342-2 8 button micro remote

i see quite few threads and have read through and googled for several hours but not finding any clear way to go.  When i try the event viewer I just see it failed to connect and tried manual adding with ID as well as auto with just the set as I did for all my other insteon modules. I have a number of the dual band dimmers B2457D2  so sitting beside then and trying to get it to work. This would be my first device I am adding that is not connected to an outlet and they all went find. Thinking I may be missing something on the dual band but not sure what. 

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Link_Management_Menu#Link_a_RemoteLinc2

followed this one

Have you done a factory reset on the module? Many of my modues just didn't work properly without out one first.

If that doesn't resolve it, do it again. I had stats that wouldn't co-operate until a dozen factory resets.

As a battery powered device, the Micro Remote needs to be placed into linking mode before it can be added to the ISY.

Have you done a factory reset on the module? Many of my modues just didn't work properly without out one first.

If that doesn't resolve it, do it again. I had stats that wouldn't co-operate until a dozen factory resets.

Just reset 4 times and tried after each one but no change. 

Used this procedure

Mini Remotes
  1. Turn off Mini Remote by sliding the power switch to the right.
  2. Press and hold the set button while sliding the power switch to the left.
  3. Continue holding the set button until the beep stops.
  4. Release the set button. You should hear two beeps confirming that your Mini Remote has been reset.

As a battery powered device, the Micro Remote needs to be placed into linking mode before it can be added to the ISY.

I am using the set button beside the power button and one pressed for 3 seconds it puts the top green led to flashing so thing that is what is needed. Pretty much the same as I did on all the AC dimmer modules. The big diff here is I am now using RF so looking for maybe a setting I need to add to get that enabled. 

I am using the set button beside the power button and one pressed for 3 seconds it puts the top green led to flashing so thing that is what is needed. Pretty much the same as I did on all the AC dimmer modules. The big diff here is I am now using RF so looking for maybe a setting I need to add to get that enabled. 

That's all you need to do just prior to adding the device, either by Start Linking (rotating arrows) or New INSTEON Device (light bulb) or Link Management (top, to the right of File), Link a RemoteLinc 2.

I may be missing something but as my dimmer B2457D2   is a dual band dimmer I am thinking the micro remote can use that to convert to the power line and since the B2457D2   is working fine to turn on and off from the 994i to the B2457D2   then all I am fighting  is the RF between the micro remote and B2457D2 .

Got the new mini remote and same issue so pretty sure we can rule out the min remote. Trying to link in a room now with the ISY-994i Controller and Insteon Dual-Band PLM  as that seems pretty simple in terms of devices. 
From the 994i admin page going ot Link Managmen then Start linking, Tried this before and after holding the set button on the micro remote until it started blinking green but nothing. 

Hold the phone. Went over one last time with another reset on the new one then added with the Link > Link a Remote 2 > 8-scene and added the ID number. Bam it came up. 

What worked for me:

1. - having a mini remote that was not defective is the first key item.

2. Reset it when you get it. I used this procedure

Mini Remotes
  1. Turn off Mini Remote by sliding the power switch to the right.
  2. Press and hold the set button while sliding the power switch to the left.
  3. Continue holding the set button until the beep stops.
  4. Release the set button. You should hear two beeps confirming that your Mini Remote has been reset.

3. This one worked while just the start linking did not.  Link > Link a Remote 2 > 8-scene and added the ID number making sure to use periods between the three sets of two digits.

All my Mini Remotes turn off when sliding the switch to the left (red exposed), on is to the right (red hidden), just the opposite of yours.

Archived