Remotelinc2's first button press always seems to be an OFF signal

andrew77

Hi guys;

Is there anyway to change this?

I tried having them as non toggle on but then I can't shut anything off.

(seems to be the opposite issue)

non toggle on also ends up lighting up every KPL LED in the house after a few scene changes.

Any thoughts?

Drew

Hi guys;

Is there anyway to change this?

I tried having them as non toggle on but then I can't shut anything off.

(seems to be the opposite issue)

non toggle on also ends up lighting up every KPL LED in the house after a few scene changes.

Any thoughts?

Drew

Hello Drew,

The RL2 when placed in toggle mode which is the default state will always go from on to off. None toggle as you noted will send a on signal only. Keep in mind each button will recall the last RL2 button press so don't get confused into thinking it was defaulting to on vs off.

Meaning if I first press (A) button that will issue a on. A second press will result in a off. What I see a lot is if someone has a program to make a light fixture *Timed* to shut off automatically. The next person or same person forgets that button is still waiting to issue a off response as this was the last state it was in.

Hope that makes sense at a high level . . .

Hi Stu;

Its an 8 button RL2 set to the regular mode (on off) for now.

Again, when I had it set to non toggle, I couldn't shut anything off.

Hi Teken;

I think my issue was I'd press scene A on. Then want to press scene B.

This would send an OFF signal and leave us literally in the dark.

Thus having to press the Scene B button again.

I also noticed I can't make the buttons on a RL2 belong to a group like I do with the KPLs.

Is there a way to be able to...

Send an ON signal by pressing the A button, then...

Send an ON signal by pressing the B button?

It seems the remote wants to send an ON signal by pressing A and then the next signal it will send will be an OFF signal 

regardless of what button I press next.

Drew

(I hope this isn't nonsensical ramblings at this point)

Hi Stu;

Its an 8 button RL2 set to the regular mode (on off) for now.

Again, when I had it set to non toggle, I couldn't shut anything off.

Hi Teken;

I think my issue was I'd press scene A on. Then want to press scene B.

This would send an OFF signal and leave us literally in the dark.

Thus having to press the Scene B button again.

I also noticed I can't make the buttons on a RL2 belong to a group like I do with the KPLs.

Is there a way to be able to...

Send an ON signal by pressing the A button, then...

Send an ON signal by pressing the B button?

It seems the remote wants to send an ON signal by pressing A and then the next signal it will send will be an OFF signal 

regardless of what button I press next.

Drew

(I hope this isn't nonsensical ramblings at this point)

LOL - We have all been here so no worries . . .

Anyways, if we assume your RL2 is indeed properly enrolled as a 8 button RL2 each button should operate independently. Based on your reply it seems the RL2 in question is configured to be 4 button and hence why A turns on and B turns off or what ever.

Normally each button A, B, C, etc will just toggle from on to off  . . . If set to none toggle on obviously all buttons would issue a on only when pressed.

Based on what you describe go to the top button of any RL2 and select 4 / 8 button mode and toggle between them ensuring the system is writing to the RL2 properly. What your doing is proving that the RL2 is being written to correctly. Obviously you will select 4 button mode first let it write.

Then, go back to 8 button mode and let it write . . .

At which point your only goal is to press (A) button and I expect that single button to turn on X device. When you press (A) button again it should turn off said X device.

Clear as mud? 

The Mini Remote has no way to know If you manipulated the load from another controller. Thus, if you turned on the load using the Mini Remote, unless you used the Mini Remote to turn the load off, the next command will be an Off.

Conversely, if you turned the load off using the Mini Remote and then subsequently used another controller to turn that load on, then next button press on the Mini Remote will be an On.

Is there a way around this? A program or something? In my case I've got button A turn on/off two lamps at the same time but have button C set on/off lamp one and D set on/off lamp two. 

If I turn them both on with button A, it would take two presses of button B to turn off lamp two.

Same with another button, I've tried to set up a program when button H is pressed to turn off about 6 different lights. Most of the time it'll take two presses of that button before It'll know to start the program. 

Hi guys;

So I'm muddling my way through setting up the RL2s and I notice this.

When I have a RL2 button trigger a scene that is also triggered by a KPL button (both D buttons if that makes a difference)

The KPL LED turns on when the RL2 button is pushed (as I would expect) but when I press the RL2 button to shut off the scene the LED remains lit.

Is this what should happen and do I have to write a program that then says if RL2 buttons are pressed off then turn off (*made up scene that only has the KPL LED in it as a responder*)?

Also, just to confirm, I can't make a RL2 button control a device directly correct?

I have to make a scene with that device in it?

Drew

Archived