Lights come on full instead of dimmed

Not enough details.

They come on full bore when you do what? Tap the padding on the dimmer? Activate a scene from another switch? Activate a scene from the ISY?

Where do you have 50% set in the control panel? For the device? In a scene? In a controller for a scene?

Thanks jtara92101.  I have a wall switch and a wall plug in scenes in ISY. They are in a program that turns them on at a preset time. "On Level" is set at 50%, but they come on at 100%. 

Something else I just noticed is that after doing a reset on the controller due to a lost password, all of my lights now have a 9 min ramp rate. And I can't change that by device.

Logged out and in to the ISY controller and the 9 min ramp rate is remedied. Now just trying to figure out why they come on 100% rather than 50% on timed program.

9 minute ramp rates are taboo now. I don't believe they work anymore. They were eliminated to alleviate some other problem, which I cannot remember, now. I was never affected by that.

You can preset dimming in a scene, set the local on level in the dimmer or via ISY, set the level by a program inside ISY.

Logged out and in to the ISY controller and the 9 min ramp rate is remedied. Now just trying to figure out why they come on 100% rather than 50% on timed program.

Make sure you're turning on the Scene that contains the switch and not the switch itself.

Is the on level for the switch set correctly in the scene?

It is a bit confusing, but there are multiple on levels for any given device depending on how it was controlled.

1) local on level (when you actually push that switch)

2) responder on level (when you turn it on via another switch that is a controller for that switch as defined in a scene)  

The above two examples don't include various ways to control a switch from ISY itself (programs, etc) but are the ones that mostly obviously demonstrate that you set it up correctly.

You probably do not have the scene specific responder on-level set correctly.

Any given switch can respond to multiple scenes, so you need to check the responder on-level for the scene in question.

How this is done has changed a bit in the new version 5.x of the firmware (which I'm running) so I can't demonstrate with screen shots.  In fact, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to use the 5.x GUI.

Archived