Access Point Interference?

matapan

I think I might have run across a case where the proximity of an Access Point to some Switchlincs can cause communication errors.

I have a wall where there are two Switchlinc devices attached, a dimmer on one side, and a Relay on the other. Both were working fine in the Admin Console until I moved an Access Point to a plug about a foot away from the Switchlincs. After that, I started getting communication errors from both devices.

When I relocated the Access Point to another plug far away from the Switchlincs, the problem went away.

The problem is 100% reproducible. Would a level 3 event log capture with and without the Access Point nearby help in better understanding what's happening here?

Just an observation, Just because an access point close to a box with switches in it does not mean that the outlet is anywhere near the circuits for the lights. If you have verified that the outlet that you plugged the access point is on the same branch circuit and then it is giving you problems then I stand corrected, but moving it closer to a switch does not mean it is actually closer to the circuits that the switches are on. Typically outlets on there own circuits and lighting on it's own. Just some thoughts.

SteveL

Archived