PLM status - Not connected

markhamk

I am migrating from years of X10 devices to Insteon and purchased a ISY99i/IR/Pro. I installed earlier today and first encountered some Java issues, but was able to overcome. I upgraded to the latest 2.70 version and everything has gone downhill this evening. The PLM indicates "not connected" in the diagnostic module. I find no info in the manual or any forum topic for assitance or troubleshooting.

The PLM was working prior to the upgrade. I feel that there is not an issue with the actual PLM. The event log is logging X10 codes that are seen on the power line.

Thanks for any help.

Hello markhamk,

I am so very sorry to hear this and I do apologize for the inconvenience. If ISY shows you not connected status for the PLM, then in all likelihood, you do have a defective PLM. Please note that receiving X10 messages is NOT equal to ISY having the ability to communicate with the PLM.

I strongly suggest getting a replacement for your PLM. If you wish - and if you have an extra RJ45 cable - you might want to try switching the cable between ISY and the PLM.

Again, I am so very sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having.

With kind regards,

Michel

I am migrating from years of X10 devices to Insteon and purchased a ISY99i/IR/Pro. I installed earlier today and first encountered some Java issues, but was able to overcome. I upgraded to the latest 2.70 version and everything has gone downhill this evening. The PLM indicates "not connected" in the diagnostic module. I find no info in the manual or any forum topic for assitance or troubleshooting.

The PLM was working prior to the upgrade. I feel that there is not an issue with the actual PLM. The event log is logging X10 codes that are seen on the power line.

Thanks for any help.

Just two days ago I followed the same path as you ...I purchased an ISY-99i/IR PRO, upgraded to 2.7.0, and once I started using it I noticed the diagnostics said the PLM was not connected. It turned out my RJ-45 cable was simply bad (I used my own; the supplied 3 ft was short). Apparently a symptom of a bad cable is a steady on of the green RX light. It might also be a symptom of a bad PLM; others can chime in on that. Good luck and I hope it is just a bad cable.

Archived