quick question

GregE

I just purchased the ISY Portal since I have a Google Home.  Before I used port forwarding and had a dynamic DNS so I could access my home and lake house using the Java Admin Console.  Now with ISY Portal I won't need the port forwarding and I won't use the admin console when away from my home, correct?  If I want to control a light remotely I would just log into the ISY Portal and do it from there?  This is only for my main house since I didn't buy the ISY Portal or a Google Home for my lake house.

Thanks

The idea is that you can close the ports into your house and get rid of dyndns (if you aren't accessing other things with it). That's exactly why I have the portal. My ISY "dials out" to the ISY portal, and I connect to the portal to access my ISY when I'm remote.

You can access the ISY web interface and the Home Automation Dashboard (HAD) which is a fancier ISY web page. You can pick between those from the portal. You can also use the portal to access the admin console.

Paul

The idea is that you can close the ports into your house and get rid of dyndns (if you aren't accessing other things with it). That's exactly why I have the portal. My ISY "dials out" to the ISY portal, and I connect to the portal to access my ISY when I'm remote.

You can access the ISY web interface and the Home Automation Dashboard (HAD) which is a fancier ISY web page. You can pick between those from the portal. You can also use the portal to access the admin console.

Paul

I just started exploring the ISY Portal recently. I cannot find any access with the Admin Console. Can you give me more instructions to get there? That wouldbe worth the $25 per year rather than some freebie DDNS that I had fail me when I needed it in the past.

@Teken. Thanks! I wanted access though. This has never worked for me before. When accessing this style I only get a page full of XML code.

@Paul. Thanks. Looks like the first few lines don't match the newer style...maybe? I followed Michel's list and got there. Just editing some programs for a new MS and I get occasional socket and other errors  (UB?) via the Portal. It ssems to act as if it is reconnecting every few minutes too with the "can't connect to Christmas Tree (disabled) device".  

Good enough/workable  for doing some necessary maintenance while away if the need ever arises though. V5.0.10.

This is dangerous!

It installed UI v4.6.2 over top of my v5.0.10 UI.

I caught it when I noticed that the programs loaded in less than about 20% of the usual time and then found mnay of my programs incomplete with <unspecified devices> lines. Luckily I didn't save anything and did some digging o I would have destroyed my ISY program image.

In the back of my mind somebody had previously reported this and UDI noted it. This needs to be fixed ASAP and make the Admin Console from the Portal useless.

This is dangerous!

It installed UI v4.6.2 over top of my v5.0.10 UI.

I caught it when I noticed that the programs loaded in less than about 20% of the usual time and then found mnay of my programs incomplete with <unspecified devices> lines. Luckily I didn't save anything and did some digging o I would have destroyed my ISY program image.

In the back of my mind somebody had previously reported this and UDI noted it. This needs to be fixed ASAP and make the Admin Console from the Portal useless.

That link documents how to add the portal link to your ISY finder to your existing copy of the admin console... for just that reason.. whatever copy you have on existing your PC is the one you'll use.

Paul

That link documents how to add the portal link to your ISY finder to your existing copy of the admin console... for just that reason.. whatever copy you have on existing your PC is the one you'll use.

Paul

The link provided in the Portal "ISY Information" was added to my existing "ISY Finder".

I am not sure why it loaded v4.6.2 or how it would even know which version to load.

The link provided in the Portal "ISY Information" was added to my existing "ISY Finder".

I am not sure why it loaded v4.6.2 or how it would even know which version to load.

Hmmm. Don't know either. I re-followed my own directions and got the same value that's the second entry in my finder that I added. 

I'm not sure how pasting a link in the thick java client finder would cause a download. That sounds more like what happens when you run the ISY's web page from the portal and ask it to install the admin console. 

post-5496-0-30631500-1503592717_thumb.jpg

Paul

post-5496-0-88468800-1503592394_thumb.jpg

Hmmm. Don't know either. I re-followed my own directions and got the same value that's the second entry in my finder that I added. 

I'm not sure how pasting a link in the thick java client finder would cause a download. That sounds more like what happens when you run the ISY's web page from the portal and ask it to install the admin console. 

attachicon.gifisy 2.JPG

Paul

Used the bottom method with the URL cut'n paste.

Being very confused why  the admin console  link mysteriously appears on my Win 7 desktop....

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/22342-isy-portal-loads-wrong-ui-version/?do=findComment&comment=218144

Archived