ISY Portal loads wrong UI version

larryllix

Following the Wiki instructions to use the admin console from the ISY Portal, it loaded v4.6.2 UI instead of matching my v5.0.10 f/w.

Luckily I caught the error without any ISY program damage when it loaded my programs in less than 15 seconds instead of the usual 2-3 minutes. Then I noticed that programs were not complete with errors marked.

This needs some attention and I believe somebody reported a bad version load in another thread somewhere else.

Thanks!

Hi larryllix,

Thanks so very much for letting us know. ISY Portal does not know anything about 5.x branch. We definitely have to make this more clear. I do apologize.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel.

Furthering this. Was there something I did to mess up the access using a v5. UI?

Mostly when I do these things I end up with an Admin Console link on my desktop. I suspect that was a v4.6.2 and I forced it to replace my v5.0.10 UI in my folder (Win 7).

Should I have just deleted the new a/c link and used the existing one and would that be the proper method?

Larry, delete your the ac from your desktop and re download it from the 5.0.10 announcement post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived