Network failure or what?

sandryseibert

Can someone tell me what's happening on my ISY? I'm unable to retrieve email notifications and the log shows:

Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:14 PM : [FileOpen    ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELK.CNF] ®
Qua 10/11/2017 03:05:47 PM : [FileOpen    ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELK.CNF] ®
Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:00 PM : [VAR  2    2 ]       682
Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:05 PM : [Net-Resource] Failed initializing #Net Module Rule: 1
Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:10 PM : [Net-Resource] Failed initializing #Net Module Rule: 2

Thanks

Sandry Seibert

Can someone tell me what's happening on my ISY? I'm unable to retrieve email notifications and the log shows:

Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:14 PM : [FileOpen    ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELK.CNF] ®

Qua 10/11/2017 03:05:47 PM : [FileOpen    ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELK.CNF] ®

Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:00 PM : [VAR  2    2 ]       682

Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:05 PM : [Net-Resource] Failed initializing #Net Module Rule: 1

Qua 10/11/2017 03:06:10 PM : [Net-Resource] Failed initializing #Net Module Rule: 2

Thanks

Sandry Seibert

Hello Sandry,

The ISY Series Controller needs to be hard booted. Its possible you may have a few programs in a tight loop or too many running in parallel. You can determine this by simply disabling all programs and activating them one by one until there is a fault. Also, if you have lots of *Run at Startup* programs this too can cause issues.

Hello Sandry,

The ISY Series Controller needs to be hard booted. Its possible you may have a few programs in a tight loop or too many running in parallel. You can determine this by simply disabling all programs and activating them one by one until there is a fault. Also, if you have lots of *Run at Startup* programs this too can cause issues.

Thanks for Answer Teken..

I guess my issue is something else.. I can't send emails through ISY, neither synchronize the NTP. So I decided to look the Gmail logs and noticed that the last time I was able to connect to my email account through ISY was October 7th, this day I changed the entire network equipment here. I am now using a USG from Ubiquiti Unifi, this router maybe is blocking something. I can access ISY through WAN but ISY can't external access stuffs like NTP servers, SMTP or even check with UDI servers if my modules are ok to run, this explain the network module errors.

Looks like my ISY is blind to external. Trying hard to understand what need to be done on my new router..

Thanks for Answer Teken..

I guess my issue is something else.. I can't send emails through ISY, neither synchronize the NTP. So I decided to look the Gmail logs and noticed that the last time I was able to connect to my email account through ISY was October 7th, this day I changed the entire network equipment here. I am now using a USG from Ubiquiti Unifi, this router maybe is blocking something. I can access ISY through WAN but ISY can't external access stuffs like NTP servers, SMTP or even check with UDI servers if my modules are ok to run, this explain the network module errors.

Looks like my ISY is blind to external. Trying hard to understand what need to be done on my new router..

Since you literally just set up a new network I would confirm all your network attributes are correct. I would probably check any firewall rules on that new router as a starter.   

Since you literally just set up a new network I would confirm all your network attributes are correct. I would probably check any firewall rules on that new router as a starter.   

Indeed, but 1st I have to learn how to deal with this new hitech equipment. This is by far the best network equipment available for home users, but also very complicated. They mixed the high level programmable network devices used for large networks with friendly (not so friendly) UI for home users.

Funny, trying to solve this issue I could fix another issue with my Synology NAS. I'll post here if I figure why my USG is blocking my ISY communication.

Indeed, but 1st I have to learn how to deal with this new hitech equipment. This is by far the best network equipment available for home users, but also very complicated. They mixed the high level programmable network devices used for large networks with friendly (not so friendly) UI for home users.

Funny, trying to solve this issue I could fix another issue with my Synology NAS. I'll post here if I figure why my USG is blocking my ISY communication.

Right now is the new network set to be in DHCP mode? If so are all of the network appliances in the home also set to DHCP? If no, ensure any network appliances IP address is confirmed and validated from one another.

ie. Ensure there are no IP conflicts on the network

If your 100% sure no IP conflicts the next logical step is to ping the ISY Series Controller ~ If it replies good ~ If not resolve. If we assume the controller is on the network and there are no IP conflicts the next step is to verify you can ping any external services / devices from your location. If you can good ~ If not resolve. Its worth mentioning that if you have a router modem which most ISP offer today.

You will have two conditions which you need to resolve and that is double NATing. There is nothing wrong with a double NAT environment so long as you understand there is extra steps to allow inbound vs outbound access. If you simply bridged the new router half the pain is eliminated but there are other considerations to be resolved.

I don't know what your network topology looks like so its hard to say what else besides follow the basics.

In my personal environment its extremely complex and none of the ISP technicians ever come into my home with out a tier 3 support staff! LOL

Right now is the new network set to be in DHCP mode? If so are all of the network appliances in the home also set to DHCP? If no, ensure any network appliances IP address is confirmed and validated from one another.

ie. Ensure there are no IP conflicts on the network

If your 100% sure no IP conflicts the next logical step is to ping the ISY Series Controller ~ If it replies good ~ If not resolve. If we assume the controller is on the network and there are no IP conflicts the next step is to verify you can ping any external services / devices from your location. If you can good ~ If not resolve. Its worth mentioning that if you have a router modem which most ISP offer today.

You will have two conditions which you need to resolve and that is double NATing. There is nothing wrong with a double NAT environment so long as you understand there is extra steps to allow inbound vs outbound access. If you simply bridged the new router half the pain is eliminated but there are other considerations to be resolved.

I don't know what your network topology looks like so its hard to say what else besides follow the basics.

In my personal environment its extremely complex and none of the ISP technicians ever come into my home with out a tier 3 support staff! LOL

I'm near to the main switch, so I was thinking about conflicts and the simplest way to round it was to remove the link from the main switch to the secondary which spreads to my house including the APs. This definitely isn't the issue.

I have two similar rules causing me headache, one if my CAI Network PLC and the other one is my ISY. I can access both from outside, the issue is that both can't access their destinations. I am opening a support request at Ubnt in order to have a remote help.. They access my stuffs remotely and fix it, but there is a cost :P

Here's some pictures of my current incomplete network. 

post-5172-0-86190800-1507775775_thumb.jpg

post-5172-0-52850200-1507775784_thumb.jpg

post-5172-0-91854600-1507775792_thumb.jpg

Sandry,

Where is the ISY Series Controller on that topology map I don't see it listed? Also, does this router have the ability to set NAT reflection, redirect target ports?

I am still trying to figure what's happening here. Sadly all my programs based on Network Module are not working because the module which I paid for isn't enabled locally. I need some UDI guy to help me to have this module running or all my programs will fail.

The router has this ability, but I don't have the ability to configure it as it's done through command line and I couldn't find an easy way to do this.

Oh God!

Archived