BETA Release 2.7.2 is now available

MikeB

Michel,

Appears I am not the only one with this issue. Why it might be a bug in the Insteon Adapter firmware it would appear that it can be overcome by a work around in the ISY. Not a big deal, now that I know this issue exists I can work around it manually but would be nice if the ISY did it automatically. See post over at: http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.as ... 596榜

jwagner010,

Apologies of the inconvenience. I just tested it here on two thermostats:

Your Fan should be in Auto mode otherwise thermostat Mode will have no impact.

If this does not work for you, then I suspect either you have an older thermostat firmware or we do!

With kind regards,

Michel

I installed 2.7.2 and remotely triggered my Fan on through my Thermostate Adaptor by setting the mode to 'Fan'. It worked fine. The problem is when I change the mode to 'Off' it doesnt work. I change the mode and then querry the thermostat and it still shows 'Fan'. I can change to 'Heat' and other modes fine but 'Off' does not work and now I need to leave the office because I cannot turn my HVAC off.

Hi Michel,

I can repro the same issue reported related to the Fan and not being able to turn it off once it is turned on by changing the Thermostat mode. Here are the repro steps:

Initial Fan state is "Auto". Initial Thermostat mode is "Program Auto". Fan is off.

Set Fan state to "On". Fan turns on.

Set Fan state to "Auto". Fan turns off.

Set Thermostat mode to "Fan". Fan turns on.

Set Thermostat mode to "Program Auto". Fan remains on. <== Issue!

Set Fan state to "On". Fan remains on, as expected.

Set Fan state to "Auto". Fan turns off.

Final mode: Fan state: "Auto", Thermostat mode: "Program Auto"

Environment: 2414V Thermostat Adapter Rev 1.20, ISY-99IR/PRO firmware v.2.7.2

I noticed two issues in using 2.7.2:

- The Confirm Add dialog that comes up when adding a device to a new scene never

gets dismissed.

Repro steps:

Create a new scene.

Add a device to the new scene.

Result:

The Admin Console will display a Confirm Add dialog. Up completion of the add to

the scene, the dialog does not get dismissed. Pressing the only active button,

(Cancel) does not force the dialog to be dismissed.

- Light level or ramp rate updates to a device now take about 3-4 minutes to complete.

Environment:

Mac OS X 10.5.6

Safari 3.2.1

[/img]

Just to be clear here is my sequence that causes the issue:

Initial Fan State is "Auto". Initial Thermostat Mode is "Off". Fan is off.

Set Fan State to "On". Fan turns on.

Set Fan State to "Auto". Fan turns off.

Set Thermostat Mode to "Fan". Fan turns on.

Set Thermostat Mode to "Off". Fan remains on. <== Issue!

Set Fan state to "Auto" even though it already displays as Auto. Fan turns off. This step is necessary to get the fan to stop. ie set Fan State from Auto to Auto be selecting Auto again from drop down box.

Final mode: Fan State: "Auto", Thermostat Mode: "Off"

Why are there two modes in the Admin Console to turn on a fan on the thermostat, when there is only one way to toggle it on the thermostat's keypad directly?

Scrolling through the thermostat modes on my Venstar thermostat, the following modes appear:

- Off

- Heat

- Cool

- Auto

- Auto Program On

There is no "Fan" thermostat mode. A separate button must be pressed on the thermostat's keypad to toggle the fan.

I think the fan runs independent of the thermostat mode selected.

Hello matapan,

We are using the protocol information provided to us from SH. And, indeed, there's a FAN mode for the thermostat.

With kind regards,

Michel

Why are there two modes in the Admin Console to turn on a fan on the thermostat, when there is only one way to toggle it on the thermostat's keypad directly?

Scrolling through the thermostat modes on my Venstar thermostat, the following modes appear:

- Off

- Heat

- Cool

- Auto

- Auto Program On

There is no "Fan" thermostat mode. A separate button must be pressed on the thermostat's keypad to toggle the fan.

Hello matapan,

We are using the protocol information provided to us from SH. And, indeed, there's a FAN mode for the thermostat.

With kind regards,

Michel

- Off

- Heat

- Cool

- Auto

- Auto Program On

Hello matapan,

With kind regards,

Michel

- Off

- Heat

- Cool

- Auto

- Auto Program On

When you scroll through the thermostat modes using the Venstar's Mode button, does "Fan" come up at all? Just curious if there are other variations on the thermostat's functionality.

Using the 2.7.2 beta, programs triggered by RemoteLinc controls are not firing (the Last Run timestamp never updates, actions never run, status on linked devices never updates). I'm able to restore the RL without error and the RL is able to control other linked devices, which tells me the links between the RL and the PLM are intact and the communications pathway is working. Anything else I can check?

Using the 2.7.2 beta, programs triggered by RemoteLinc controls are not firing (the Last Run timestamp never updates, actions never run, status on linked devices never updates). I'm able to restore the RL without error and the RL is able to control other linked devices, which tells me the links between the RL and the PLM are intact and the communications pathway is working. Anything else I can check?

Tom, do you see RemoteLinc actions in the Event Viewer? Menu Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer. Set it to level 3 and push a few buttons.

Rand

Well, PLM 2.75 or higher should be the extended memory units that allow for additional links. There was an issue with large installs solved in firmware v85 I believe, but with only 470 links in your PLM I don't think you're hitting that.

Since you've tried a restore PLM already, if it's not too much trouble, you could try completely removing the RemoteLinc from the ISY, factory resetting it, then adding it back in. This should create the necessary links for the PLM to "hear" the RemoteLinc.

Please let me know. The real question is, how did the PLM lose those links...

Mike, I don't think Tom did a Restore on the PLM, but I think that's what it may take. Then he wouldn't have to delete the RemoteLincs.

Tom, Restore PLM is going to take a long time, it might be quicker to R&R the RemoteLincs if you don't have too many links in them.

Before spending a lot of time Restoring or R&Ring and finding they still don't work you may want to see if Michel has a comment.

To sum it up:

RLs used to work with ISY

PLM now is not sending RL messages to ISY

PLM 2.75 v63

470 links

Rand

I completely removed one RemoteLinc, factory-reset it, then added it back, then linked button A as a scene controller. No joy, the button press still doesn't show in the Event Viewer.

If the button press doesn't show up in the Event Viewer and the Rx LED doesn't blink then the PLM isn't passing the message to the ISY. That will happen when the PLM doesn't have a link as a responder to the device. The ISY creates this link as soon as the device is linked to the ISY.

Nest step is to Restore PLM. This will re-organize the database in the PLM to consume the least links. Do not Remove the PLM.

Unplug, Factory Reset the PLM, reconnect the ISY, wait for the ISY to reboot, and then perform a Restore PLM.

If these steps don't work then we will have to consult Smarthome about a defective PLM.

Rand

One of the Switchlinc Dimmers I own will not update the ramp rate on the sliders at 4.5 seconds. I can update all the other values, .1 seconds to 9 minutes.

Now for the interesting news: It does not matter what value is set the SLD will not respond accordingly.

The version number is v.27

Any clues?

I can change the ramp rate locally.

Archived