2342-222 Mini Remote

Hello,

I received a 2342-222 mini remote today and can not seem to get my ISY to recognize it.  I've tried entering the address manually and through the start linking feature.  ISY totally ignores it, no error message, nothing.  I verified the 2342 is working as I can link it directly with other switches.  Did a factory reset. UD admin console doesn't give any indication it even see it.

Any ideas?  

Todd

Battery powered devices need to be in linking mode before adding them. You have about four minutes before linking mode times out. Select Link Management, Link a RemoteLinc 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.

I am NOT a ISY newbiy, but this is my first Mini Remote.

To try to link the Mini Remote to the ISY, I am following these steps:

1) Press and hold the SET button on the fully-charged Mini Remote for 3-5 seconds until the green light starts flashing repeatedly.

2) From the ISY Admin Console, select Link Management / Link A RemoteLinc 2 / 8-Scene Keypad

3) When the "New Insteon Device " window pops up, type in the Mini Remote's address in XXYYZZ (no dashes) format . The "Device Type" field is already populated with "[00.12] (2342-222 RemoteLinc 2 Keypad, 8 Scene".

4) Click on OK. The "New Insteon Device" window immediately closes and no linking appears to happen. No error messages are displayed.

The MiniRemote does not appear in the list of devices in the Admin Console.

I've also tried many variations of the above in various combinations, including selecting "Auto Discover" as the device type, waiting until the New Insteon Devise window opens before putting the Mini Remote in linking mode, typing in the device address in "XX-YY-ZZ" format, typing all three options for what to do with existing links- all while watching the Event Viewer.  I am within about ten feet of at least two working dual-band devices in my Insteon network, but all indications are that my ISY is simply not seeing my Mini Remote broadcasts.

What am I doing wrong?  I've successfully linked other Insteon devices to ISYs hundreds of times over the years without a problem, but this one has me stumped.

Dave K.

Try putting step #1 between #3 and #4.

So you wake it up just before you click the OK buttom

If you have a Plus module. Make sure the automatic writes to battery devices is enabled.

Verify the six digit Insteon ID.

I have seen some posts lately where the new label style have a 0 that almost looks like an 8.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Putting step #1 between #3 and #4 did not make a difference.

I did find that I had automatic write to battery devices switched off. I turned it on and tried all combinations of steps again. Still no luck getting the Mini Remote to be visible in the Admin Console.

There are no 0's or 8's in the device address.  I am sure that I am entering it correctly.

In other words, I am still looking for a solution. I guess next I'll try moving the Mini Remote closer to different dual-band devices.

I just verified that this Mini Remote is at least functioning.  I was able to pair one of its buttons to directly control one of my powerline-only dimmer wall switches.But not through the ISY/PLM.

Reboot the ISY Series Controller . . .

- Please confirm in the AC under Help -> About both UI and Firmware is the same.

- You should be on at least 4.6.2 firmware. 

- Bring the RL2 to the 2413S PLM and place it into linking mode.

- Try all three methods from Start Linking (Whirling Arrows), New Insteon Device (Light Bulb), Link Management.

Report success or failure in the three methods while viewing the level 3 logs and post it up once done.

dkaleita, in post #4, step 3 you specified "no dashes." Next paragraph, you did indicate dashes. Both are incorrect. You need to include a dot (.) between each pair of hexadecimal codes, for example, A1.B2.C3.

• 4 weeks later...

My problem is also with this remote. I know it works cuz it controlls other Insteon switches, but trying to link it to ISY doesn't bring up any popup. I can't add the address since the sticker is partly erased (due to frequent use). I must say it did work before when I first received my ISY but for some reason my ISY didn't like the remote (or the scenes my switches were in) so it froze sometimes. Now my ISY doesn't want to link to the RL2 anymore. I already tried rebooting ISY, disconnecting PLM, delete java cache, reboot pc, update java (already on latest version), ISY is on firmware 4.6.2. It was under older firmware the first time it was connected and worked.

My problem is also with this remote. I know it works cuz it controlls other Insteon switches, but trying to link it to ISY doesn't bring up any popup. I can't add the address since the sticker is partly erased (due to frequent use). I must say it did work before when I first received my ISY but for some reason my ISY didn't like the remote (or the scenes my switches were in) so it froze sometimes. Now my ISY doesn't want to link to the RL2 anymore. I already tried rebooting ISY, disconnecting PLM, delete java cache, reboot pc, update java (already on latest version), ISY is on firmware 4.6.2. It was under older firmware the first time it was connected and worked.

As mentioned earlier it needs to be added using the address. Since you don't have the address you can't add it directly.

To get it added to your ISY, directly link it to another device and then add that device to the ISY using the add existing links option. This will at least show you the address which will then allow you to type it in.

Archived