Looking for unobtrusive wire for an Insteon relay

fasttimes

A bit of history: The earliest duplex receptacles were installed in the baseboard, dictating their horizontal orientation and also their original name, "baseboard outlets." Vertical mounting became popular with the advent of drywall, making them easy to attach to a wall stud.

Great history lesson thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is here. I believe vertical mounting is more common nationwide. However, from an apartment when I lived downtown Chicago 20 years ago thru 4 suburban houses since then - all were horizontally mounted.

When I look around my home and all the things plugged into the outlets. It would be very hard to have the same devices on the wall and wouldn't look funny.

When I built my house, I had outlets installed above the mantels of the fireplaces.  They installed them nicely only about an inch above the top of the mantel (as expected).  However, I didn't think about the fact that now you can't plug a lamplinc in.  So I had to flip them upside down.  So that is why I have two outlets with the ground up in my house.  I probably should have had them installed sidways.

Archived