Run this by you all. Not a newbi

danncas

I have to light switches that work as a three way to run a scene to turn on a set of hall lights.

In programs I set it up as this

If switch A or switch B is turned on

Then

Turn on moudule Z

It doesn’t work not sure why

I can turn on module Z with its link button Q

And I can turn on hall light with switch AorB

I have to light switches that work as a three way to run a scene to turn on a set of hall lights.

In programs I set it up as this

If switch A or switch B is turned on

Then

Turn on moudule Z

It doesn’t work not sure why

I can turn on module Z with its link button Q

And I can turn on hall light with switch AorB

Have you tried 'status' instead of 'control' ?

It's most likely a communication issue.  If two Insteon switches that were previously in a multi-switch circuit are put into a scene together, they are just about always going to work because you have a channel of communication directly between them. However, if you are using programs on the ISY, you have to have good communication back to the ISY from the switches, and good communication from the ISY to the module. Does the scene containing the two switches always properly reflect the status of the scene and/or does the ISY always have the ability to turn on and off module Z?

Also, go ahead and cut and paste the program here so that we can find any errors or bugs.

You mention a scene and a program. You should not need both. Post you annotated scene (right click on the scene, select Copy to Clipboard).

It's most likely a communication issue.  If two Insteon switches that were previously in a multi-switch circuit are put into a scene together, they are just about always going to work because you have a channel of communication directly between them. However, if you are using programs on the ISY, you have to have good communication back to the ISY from the switches, and good communication from the ISY to the module. Does the scene containing the two switches always properly reflect the status of the scene and/or does the ISY always have the ability to turn on and off module Z?

Also, go ahead and cut and paste the program here so that we can find any errors or bugs.

Thank you all. I knew it was not communicating but not sure how to fix it without out unistalling switches. Universal devices returned my call.

We found the my isy wasn’t receiving status from several switches for some reason. I wrote updates to those switches and all is good. I’m glad I didn’t have to uninstall and reinstall.

Archived