Working system now failing, new PLM

When we bought the new house, I left the old Insteon system in place and bought all new for the new house so its all vintage early 2014.

Everything was working well until about 8 weeks ago came home to a dark house. I rebooted the ISY & PLM and all was good for a week or so, then the same thing. Reboot. worked for a couple of days, then reboot again.  The ISY seemed to be working so I thought it was the PLM. I Finally came across the capacitor issue write-ups in the PLM so I replaced them. But by this time the PLM would not light up so I bought a new one.

Installed and initiated the new PLM, but I have a number of switches and outlets which do not work. All the non-working units are within 20ft of the PLM, meanwhile the shop lights which are about 150ft away work fine.

Most of the Insteon devices which I can't control shows up in the ISY Console with a red ! (exclamation point). However there are other devices which do not work in my programs, but show up fine in the ISY Console and I can control them from the console or a remote keypad.

The programs in the ISY show up as they were successfully executed every day.

The new PLM is Ver. 2.4

-All the switches are 2477D Dual Band SwitchLinc Dimmer v.41

-All keypads are 2334-2 KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Button V.43

-I have an ApplianceLinc v.32 which shows up on ISY Console and I can manually control it from the console and keypads, but ISY programs no longer control it.

-I have several OutletLinc V.42 which work the same as the ApplianceLinc above.

I was wondering maybe power-line noise, but then why can I control them from other keypads.  The RF side should work if the power-line signals can't get through.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The ISY is "system of record" for insteon links when used for "Restore PLM". However, it learns about the network from the PLM. Its very possible that some of the corrupted info and links from the PLM made it into the ISY and were restored back to the new PLM.

Do you have an ISY backup from before the onset of problems? If so,

• restore that using the admin console file menu,
  • factory reset the PLM
  • then try the restore modem again
  • If that doesn't work, repeat these steps but also unplug the ISY before the factory reset. Plug in they ISY back in after the factory reset is done. 

If you don't have a back up, or that doesn't work, try a right-click on one of the 2477s and pick restore device. If it starts working, you'll need to rinse and repeat for all of it.

Paul

I didn't have a backup from before with the latest ISY firmware. I did find that if I deleted the device then added it back with reading existing links from the device seemed to restore control from the ISY console.  Just need to wait for sunset now to see if programs work again.

Thanks!

A ! indicates that the PLM cannot communicate with the device. Try, in order:

Restore Device

Write Updates to Device

Remove from Folder, Delete, Add

Factory reset+Restore Device+Write Updates to Device.

The last sequence will restore your links and programs after a factory reset.

Archived