Turning Off a Motioned Room

DevonSprings

I have several rooms that I have the motion sensors working.

When the citizens of the house over-ride the motion and shut off an area using the control, if there is motion, they would like it to come right back on.

What occurs is it waits for the motion time-out before motion can turn it back on.

Any thoughts?

Devon

I have several rooms that I have the motion sensors working.

When the citizens of the house over-ride the motion and shut off an area using the control, if there is motion, they would like it to come right back on.

What occurs is it waits for the motion time-out before motion can turn it back on.

Any thoughts?

Devon

I am afraid that the ISY cannot make the motion sensor send an On. The time-out will have to occur first. I believe 30 seconds is the minimum.

You can easily program overrides to the motion sensor via switch presses/statuses.

Rand

I believe that the insteon motion sensor has the ability to be set to "On only" so that it never sends an "off" command.

With some thought, this could potentially be used to accomplish what you are saying.

I have the same problem: my basment has a motion sensor that turns on the lights and when the wife turns it off at the switch, the lights will only turn back on when you have waited out the motion sensor. This usually isn't a problem, but it can be if you return to the basement very quickly.

I am going to try that on-only but the ISY status is "on" would become ka-ka then.

I have had 3 motion sensors up for 3-4 weeks, and 1 has packed it in. I have had 3 SwitchLinc's up 4 weeks and two are packed in.

I just wish Insteon would have a "Pro" line for those people who wanted to pay twice as much for reliability.

Devon

Keep in mind that the ON only mode still waits for the no activity timeout period before sending additional ON commands.

If you want the ISY to react based on when it receives the ON command, and not necessarily the status of the sensor, use CONTROL instead of STATUS.

Mike,

The biggest problem I have is the sensors not reacting at all. I walked right in front of both of them last night after 30 minutes of inactivity and neither triggered.

I would gladly pay Insteon 50% for devices that were reliable. I haven't had any KPL failures but I have had now 3 OutletLinc's and 3 of the Motion Sensors are spotty.

My Receiver is 10 feet from the ISY with the PLM and the RF unit piggy backed and the ISY reports lost communication to the device at least twice per day.

Devon

Archived