universal devices desk top program

question regarding the universal devices

when i go to my desk top universal devices program  and try to arm or disarm my elk alarm system, i am unable to do this.  i can see the ready to arm or disarm line change (if someone is moving in front of a motion detector etc) but when i click on arm system (for the elk alarm) nothing happens. i see the small print changing re "requesting ... " but nothing else.

am i missing a spot where i am to enter the alarm password first? i can easily turn lights on and off.

on my M1 to go desk top program ,i can easily arm and disarm remotely.

any help

thanks

3 hours ago, Jnacc said:

question regarding the universal devices

when i go to my desk top universal devices program  and try to arm or disarm my elk alarm system, i am unable to do this.  i can see the ready to arm or disarm line change (if someone is moving in front of a motion detector etc) but when i click on arm system (for the elk alarm) nothing happens. i see the small print changing re "requesting ... " but nothing else.

am i missing a spot where i am to enter the alarm password first? i can easily turn lights on and off.

on my M1 to go desk top program ,i can easily arm and disarm remotely.

any help

thanks

Your Elk access code is entered when you configure your Elk in the  UDI Admin. Console. If you click on Elk in the admin console and then click on configuration, there is a place there for you to enter your Elk access code.

11 minutes ago, Jnacc said:

Thanks for the info .

when I click on the “ install admin console”?

it brings me to a page that says”404 not found”

that is directly from the UDI page link ??

not sure why or what the console does 

john

What firmware version are you using?

hi Michel

do i have to upgrade to the isy994i device first or can i do the software and firmware upgrade with what i have.
otherwise ,everything is working .

if i need to upgrade ,how is it done and does that change any of my other components??

thanks

john

Archived