simple ASCI thru 232 or IP?

curtbl

Michael, been lurking around here for sometime now, learning, reading, watching and taking it all in. Purchased a 99 from you all a few months ago after getting totally frustrated with hl2. Long story short, fully automated house from garage doors to security, lighting, HVAC on and on... Started with Stargate, just after it came out, totally pleased, but dosen't interface with Insteon. Full Crestron system with 8 plus touchpanels around the house including e-control from my PDA. X-10 was the lighting choice for years instead of a retrofit, today Insteon takes the place... All that said to say that Crestron controls lighting (X-10 and Insteon) by sending ASCI codes to Stargate, Stargate then sends X-10 code out that the ISY sees and lighting is activated, reverse is true, so ISY sends a x-10 out that Stargate sees and Stargate then sends ASCI to Crestron so the touchpanels indicate the status of a light tuned on or off at the switch. Now all that said to ask......... Is there plans to implement simple asci commands into the conditions via either IP or RS232.... I would simply enjoy getting rid of the last x-10 commands that still don't always respond correctly.

Oh btw, great product except for my interface to other systems it is doing what I had hoped for.

Thanks for the work and great support attitude that I have seen here over the last months.

Curt :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I suppose it is a possible solution, but I'm not sure how that might work as a condition in a program. I was hoping to hear from Michael that there was a way or that it might be considered in the future.

Thanks

Curt

Hello curtbl,

We are investigating this solution. The main problem is that although our programs use Meta data to act upon events, but, to some extent we have to know what those events are. So, we are working on a low cost solution for networked attached devices that will expose their capabilities to ISY and thus can immediately be used in programs. Unfortunately, the priority is low.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived