Jump to content

Hats Off to Portal Developers


apostolakisl

Recommended Posts

I had been reluctant to use ISY portal since I had already set up port forwarding, certificates, ifttt, yadda yadda and didn't feel like embarking on a new project.  But, I finally made the plunge into ISY portal and have to say it really works very well.  I have set up both my google home and amazon accounts with it.  It works very fast.  It is not exactly a stream-lined setup process but now that I have the steps figured out it isn't a big deal.  Once the basic connections are setup, adding new actions is certainly much easier than using ifttt.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, apostolakisl said:

I had been reluctant to use ISY portal since I had already set up port forwarding, certificates, ifttt, yadda yadda and didn't feel like embarking on a new project.  But, I finally made the plunge into ISY portal and have to say it really works very well.  I have set up both my google home and amazon accounts with it.  It works very fast.  It is not exactly a stream-lined setup process but now that I have the steps figured out it isn't a big deal.  Once the basic connections are setup, adding new actions is certainly much easier than using ifttt.

Added the out of pocket costs was a mere $23.00 USD for two years!!! 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to have to pull back on my praise.  Yesterday google told me that Universal Devices appears to be offline or something to that affect when I tried to turn on some lights with it.  I never experienced anything like that with IFTTT.  This morning it is working.  I never did any sort of investigation as to what might have happened.

Link to comment

After other unexpected program behavior today, I checked my ISY.  It appears that I had a reboot last night at 10:03pm.   Or at least a program reset occurred at that time.  I have recently updated to the latest 5.0.13 firmware.  I have never seen ISY reboot for no reason (except on DST day when it does the second random reboot. .. which is a whole other thread).

Link to comment

I can't speak to the spontaneous reboot (nothing on my box), but perhaps the strange responses from your Google Home device are related to similar ones from Amazon Echos/Dots: 

I unlinked and relinked my Smart Home skill and I've gotten a "not responding" once after a long delay.

Link to comment

I have not seen any issues with either my google home or amazon alexa finding my isy except last night.  I had my issue last night at roughly 10pm.  I was not interested in pursuing it at the time and simply pushed the light switch.  It is entirely possible that it was 10:03.  Which brings me to the conclusion that either:

1) The google home command caused the reboot

2) Coincidentally, my google home command was issued during the reboot.

Link to comment

I pulled the log.  The ISY rebooted at 10:03:18

WebControl8      Status    1             Sat 2018/08/04 10:02:53 PM        System  Log       

0             null                       Sat 2018/08/04 10:03:18 PM        System  Start     

WebControl8      Status    -1           Sat 2018/08/04 10:03:44 PM        System  Log       

Link to comment
2 hours ago, apostolakisl said:

I pulled the log.  The ISY rebooted at 10:03:18

WebControl8      Status    1             Sat 2018/08/04 10:02:53 PM        System  Log       

0             null                       Sat 2018/08/04 10:03:18 PM        System  Start     

WebControl8      Status    -1           Sat 2018/08/04 10:03:44 PM        System  Log       

Not happy this is happening to you but am glad its not isolated to me alone. Since migrating to 5.X.X the controller has *Self Rebooted* no less than four times on its own. Two times while I was literally in the AC doing some work. At least the system had the respect to pop up a message indicating this process was underway! :lol:

Michel is already tracking this and hope root cause can be identified and solved. One thing different in my case is there was no logs affirming this event happen so I'm not sure how this is going to help me if this persists.

Meaning no logs to prove it happen and relay to UDI. 

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Teken said:

Not happy this is happening to you but am glad its not isolated to me alone. Since migrating to 5.X.X the controller has *Self Rebooted* no less than four times on its own. Two times while I was literally in the AC doing some work. At least the system had the respect to pop up a message indicating this process was underway! :lol:

Michel is already tracking this and hope root cause can be identified and solved. One thing different in my case is there was no logs affirming this event happen so I'm not sure how this is going to help me if this persists.

Meaning no logs to prove it happen and relay to UDI. 

 

I have been running 5.x.x since the very beginning.  Not every version.  This is the first I have had this happen and I am running 5.0.13 since a few days after it was put out.

Link to comment

My only node server is the webcontrol using ioguy's program running on a pc.  I'll send the error log.

3 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@apostolakisl, can you please let me know what node servers you are running and the size of your log (especially the error log)? Or, better yet, can you please send your error log and log to support@unviersal-devices.com?

Thanks and with kind regards,
Michel

 

EDIT:

Email to you bounced.  Not sure if you have a size limit?  The two files were about 10 MB combined.  I'll try one at a time.

OK, got it.  You swapped the i and v in universal devices and I had cut and pasted it.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, apostolakisl said:

My only node server is the webcontrol using ioguy's program running on a pc.  I'll send the error log.

EDIT:

Email to you bounced.  Not sure if you have a size limit?  The two files were about 10 MB combined.  I'll try one at a time.

OK, got it.  You swapped the i and v in universal devices and I had cut and pasted it.

Can you offer some insight as to which log was bigger and by how much (MB). I was told my log for just two days was 6 MB don't know if that is big, small, average?? But, Michel called out that for two days that isn't the expected norm. I can't say either way as I don't have a reference to what the controller does or if, when, what, where.

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Teken said:

Can you offer some insight as to which log was bigger and by how much (MB). I was told my log for just two days was 6 MB don't know if that is big, small, average?? But, Michel called out that for two days that isn't the expected norm. I can't say either way as I don't have a reference to what the controller does or if, when, what, where.

the log was about 5.5 and the error about 4.5

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@apostolakisl, can you please let me know what node servers you are running and the size of your log (especially the error log)? Or, better yet, can you please send your error log and log to support@unviersal-devices.com?

Thanks and with kind regards,
Michel

 

I also realized that the geo-fence is also a node.  So I have two nodes, CAI webcontrol and Geo-Fence.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      36.6k
    • Total Posts
      368k
×
×
  • Create New...