Does the network module include ISY portal?

Blackbird

https://www.universal-devices.com/residential/

@Michel KohanimI suspect a typo in this page listing the pricing structure backwards.

"ISY Portal Module ($12.00 a year):Amazon Echo and IFTTT integrationIncludes the Network Module 
Network Module ($49.00): host your own personal web site or 3rd party applications right on your ISY, control network-enabled devices through ISY programs (TCP/UDP/HTTP/HTTPS), turn on PCs using Wake On LAN 

I believe when I bought the network module in the past, it came with 2 years of portal but a friend wants to get it and I wanted to make sure that it is still the same.

Thanks

Wrong way around.

Portal includes the network module, for the term of the Portal license.

I believe that If you previously purchased the network module (before Portal launched), UDI offered a free initial term to Portal as an option (converting the network module from a permanent purchase to being tied to the portal subscription). If you took advantage of that it may have looked like the network module included portal... at least for the first two years...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BoomerangThree said:

Hi Everyone,

Just want to confirm something.

1. I just converted from ISY Portal to Mobilinc Connect.

2. My Network Module that was included in the ISY Portal is gone.  

3. I will need to purchase the Network Module for Mobilinc, correct?

You need only purchase the Network Module (IF) you intend to use that modules features. Mobilinc offers a smart application which has nothing to do with the Network Module. There is also the Mobilinc Service which provides some extra features. Then, there is the Mobilinc Portal which mimics what UDI has offered in the ISY Portal. 

Bottom line is if you wish to interact, connect, to cloud hosted services and network devices the *Network Module* is required on the ISY Series Controller.  

Archived