Insteon Switch Sending X10 Commands?

closedsink

Hello,

I have 2 Insteon switch modules (not dimmers) that I'm using in a scene to control a single light. I set up the scene with both switches as controllers, and the light is controlled correctly with both switches. HOWEVER, when I use the "remote" switch, the light turns on, AND another light on a completely different circuit (which is not part of any scene). I looked at the even log, and I see that the remote switch, in addition to sending the DON command, seems to be sending a couple of random X10 commands! These are consistently sent. I wonder if these are somehow causing the other unrelated switch to turn on.

Anyone ever run into anything like this? I may need to replace the remote switch, but I thought I would check with you guys first. I already tried deleting all switches, and re-linking them, deleting the scene and re-creating it, but the symptoms remain.

Also, I know this is actually an Insteon problem, not an ISY994i problem, since this happens even if I power off the ISY.

Any suggestions?

22 minutes ago, closedsink said:

Hello,

I have 2 Insteon switch modules (not dimmers) that I'm using in a scene to control a single light. I set up the scene with both switches as controllers, and the light is controlled correctly with both switches. HOWEVER, when I use the "remote" switch, the light turns on, AND another light on a completely different circuit (which is not part of any scene). I looked at the even log, and I see that the remote switch, in addition to sending the DON command, seems to be sending a couple of random X10 commands! These are consistently sent. I wonder if these are somehow causing the other unrelated switch to turn on.

Anyone ever run into anything like this? I may need to replace the remote switch, but I thought I would check with you guys first. I already tried deleting all switches, and re-linking them, deleting the scene and re-creating it, but the symptoms remain.

Also, I know this is actually an Insteon problem, not an ISY994i problem, since this happens even if I power off the ISY.

Any suggestions?

Try a factory reset on the remote and then add the remote back to the scene.

Test them how?

Anyway, I bit the bullet, and replaced the remote switch, that was part of the 2-switch scene. I had a new one laying around. ALL GOOD. Everything works as it should now. No more X10 commands, and the light on the other circuit no longer comes on.

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful suggestions!

Archived